Chapter 5 (Part Three)

Jin went to the coffee shop near Namjoon's place. According to Phantom's men, he always went to this café to order his coffee and then go back to his apartment. After a few minutes, Jin saw Namjoon entering the café and went to the cashier. Namjoon scanned the café and widened his eyes when he saw Jin.

"Hey, Jin, long time no see." Namjoon approached him.

"Oh. Hi Joonie. What a pleasant surprise!" Jin stood up and hugged Namjoon.

"What are you doing here? I mean, business or pleasure?"

"Both. I will meet our clients here and sort of a vacation as well. How about you?"

"I have a business here. Are you already married? How's Taehyung? Is he still mad at me?"

"I have no news about him. I haven't seen him for years now."

"Oh, sorry to hear that. I thought you will get married after graduation."

"How about you? I never imagined that I will see you here in Malaysia. Are you married?"

"No, I'm still single. Not yet married. I am not ready for a lifetime commitment. I've dated but nothing serious."

"Honestly, I'm here to find another job. My boss always giving me a hard time and the pay is not that big. Maybe you can help me."

"You are the perfect person for this job. I don't know if you will accept my offer. We're the best lab partners back then. I hope you consider."

"For as long as it will make me rich, I'll accept it."

"Anyway, are you busy right now? Maybe we can talk about it later. I want to know what happened to you after graduation..."

Jin smiled and started to invent stories to make Namjoon invested with him. Taehyung needs ample time to do his own task with Jules.

---

Taehyung rode a cab and met Jules in a Filipino restaurant in Bangsar. He went inside the restaurant and waited for her. After a few minutes, she entered the restaurant. Taehyung was surprised to see her in white shirt, black hoodie and pants, and rubber shoes. She is far different from the performer last night, but she looked more beautiful without make up.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"No worries, we are just in time for lunch."

"My father is a Korean and my mother is a Filipina, and I missed Filipino cuisine. I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all. I love Filipino food. Choose whatever you want. My treat of course."

They scanned the menu and ordered the food.

"So, how did you know that I'm a cop?"

"Actually, I'm just bluffing you. All men that I find attractive and interesting are cops for me. I find them sexy." Jules cackled while waiting for Taehyung's reactions.

"That's funny. But to be honest, I'm a cop."

Jules became serious and look at him straight into his eyes.

"So I am right. You are a cop."

"Yes." Taehyung showed her his ID. "And I think you need me. Am I right?"

"Yes officer." The woman begins to sobs.

"Don't cry please. You need to focus. Tell me everything you know. I will help you."

Their foods were served and they began to eat quietly. While eating their dessert, she began to ask him questions.

"So you are at the Club because of Namjoon right?"

"Yes. He's been under my surveillance. But I haven't seen him personally."

"He's good at hiding. He's very smart and wise. No one dare to mess with him. He's been protected by the gangs. He is the chief chemist for the big drug syndicates here in Malaysia. His most successful invention is the Euphoria. I think you know how the drugs work."

"You are his girlfriend. Why are you telling me this? Are you willing to turn him in?"

"I love him Officer. He promised me that we will go back to Korea and get married after he finished his contract here. But years passed by, the promise had been forgotten and he became greedy. He now owns a club but his lab is still his biggest source of wealth. He even completed the euphoria and starts to use it with the rival gangs who requested it. I can't take this anymore. I know he won't change. Money is his world now." The woman cries as he confessed to Taehyung. He reached out for her hand and squeezed it.

"I will help you but I need you to tell me all the information you know. I need every detail okay."

"I know his entire secrets officer. I can tell where his lab is. Just promise me one thing."

"I want him alive. Please don't harm him."

"I promise. Just tell me everything."

Jin watched the two as he went outside the restaurant. He is annoyed. Taehyung is just doing his mission and he is freaking out like an idiot. He is jealous, and his possessive instinct towards Taehyung intensified each day that they are together. This is so ridiculous.

"I will send to your email all the details that you need but the formula, you need to get those. Joon has the key to that room."

"Okay. I'll wait for it."

"Thank you officer. I just want to make everything right, even though Joon will be punished for what he had done. You're my savior and my angel. It's just unfortunate that we met under these circumstances. If not, I might fall for you. You are so handsome. I'm not even surprised that many people stared at you at the restaurant. A man even glared at me and rolled his eyes." Jules laughed as they waited for a cab to arrive.

"Hey, you're making me blush. Thank you for trusting me. I won't let you down."

Jules went inside the cab and waved her hand. Taehyung received a text message from Jin that made him smile.

Jin: Come to the hotel. Right now.