Chapter 7 (Part Four)

Toshi Temple

Kyoto, Japan

October 28, 2020

04:30

Taehyung went to the temple to meet Annie and Jungkook. He will accompany them to the Kyoto zone where a small motor boat will be waiting for them. Then the motor boat will send them to Osaka port, where they will ride the cargo ship. The cargo ship is used to transport goods from Osaka to Hongkong.

He saw Jungkook and Annie walking slowly, coming from the side door of the temple. He runs towards them and helped Annie with her bag.

He started the car and speeds up going to Kyoto zone.

“In about 20 minutes, the guards may found out that we are missing.” Annie told Taehyung who is restless on the back seat. Jungkook held her hands tightly.

“Don’t worry Annie. Jin hyung will distract them. It will take some time to notice that the guards are following the wrong man. You already boarded the ship by that time.” Taehyung answered.

“It will be dangerous for him, Taehyung. I’m sorry to drag you in this mess.” Jungkook said while looking at him from the mirror.”

“Don’t worry about him. He can do the task well.”

They became silent during the whole ride; they can only hear their frantic heart beats. All of a sudden, Taehyung noticed a black SUV following them.

He speeds up the car and changed his directions but the car is still following them. He went for a U-turn and the car lost track.

The sun is already rising when they reached the Kyoto zone.

Jungkook and Annie get out of the car and gather their things.

“Thank you Buddy. I owe it to you.” Jungkook hugged Taehyung.

“This is for your happiness Jeon.”

Annie walked towards him and pulled a box from her bag. He gave him the box and opened it.

“I finished the 1000 paper cranes last night. I guess this is what happiness looks like. I’m finally free with the love of my life.” Annie begins to sob and hugs Taehyung.

“Fight for your love. Despite the hardships, it was all worth it in the end.” Annie whispered to Taehyung and wiped her tears.

“I guess we need to move now.” Jungkook held Annie’s hand as they walk towards the motor boat.

Taehyung waved at them until the motor boat is out of his line of sight.

The black SUV who followed them stopped in front of him and Jin get out of the car.

“So it’s you. You scared me!” Taehyung scolded Jin just laughed.

“You’re a car expert but you hate car chase? Loosen up Tae!”

“It’s not funny Hyung.”

Jin hugged Taehyung and pulled him inside the SUV.

“Let’s go. Neon and Madness are waiting at the airport. The guards are already searching for the Princess and your friend. We need to escape too before they notice that we helped them to elope.”

Jin started the car and noticed the box that Taehyung is carrying.

“What’s that?”

“Oh, this?” Taehyung opened the box and saw the colorful paper cranes inside.

“This is the symbol of their happiness.” Taehyung smiled. At least Jungkook already found his happiness with Annie. He closed the box and put it on the back seat when something tinkled inside the box.