27. Not the first time

Skylar

I certainly did not think that Lola will be the one to resolve the issue between Noah and Alex. She eyed Alex with unexplained admiration. She hopped her way to him and bowed.

"Your Highness" She said and Alex chuckled.

"You are a witch?" Noah said disapprovingly, "Why is this traitor here?" He asked Delan directly.

"She is not a traitor" Delan explained, "She is here to help. Apparently, not all witches and wizards are bad" He looked at Alex, knowingly.

Well, I did not understand that but Alex frowned.

"Yes, I am not a traitor. I am here for my br-" Lola quickly swallowed whatever she was saying and continued, "Here for your brother. I am a big fan of Delan Karson! Why isn't he the King?"

"Well, he deserves to be. But he decided to give it up!" Alex commented. 

"And you took it up?" Noah said sarcastically

Sandy sighed, "You want to go there now? We have enough on our plate, Noah"

Noah did not counter that. 

"I am still standing strong" Victoria stomped her foot for impact and glared at Noah.

Alex cleared his throat and turned to Victoria, ready to explain or convince her, maybe?

"No, Al. I promised" Victoria said firmly.

"Al?" Delan raised his eyebrows, "What happened in just 4 hours, folks?"

Everyone seemed to be cozy with everyone in the room. Even Noah wasn't glaring at Alex as much as he used to. He is acting fine with Sandy. Though Noah and Alex were fighting a while ago, it did not seem like they were ready to pounce on each other. It has become their habit - something we all got used to. I kept comparing the scenarios in my head - present and the past. Things are changing but I had a feeling that it was not 'okay' for that to happen. 

Victor lounged on the couch and seemed least bothered about the argument. Carter was holding his head - I understand how it feels to hear everyone in and out. Rochelle seems more amused than angry. Now, I found out who to go to and ask questions.

I walked up to Rochelle, wrapped my arm around hers, and pulled her away from Carter.

"What happened?"

She giggled, "Victoria is being the typical wife"

I frowned and subtly shook my head, "Umm...?"

"Steff was here an hour ago. He brought some files with him and obviously, Victoria was the only one awake - everyone else slept. She was watching that box" She pointed at the Television set, "He asked her to not let anyone view that 'Case files?' and this girl agreed. Oh, sorry! 'Promised'" Rochelle quoted in the air, "And now Noah and Alex want those files because they found a clue. She won't let them take any and they both made the fight about themselves and started arguing. Just our usual day, Sky."

Victoria stood like a warrior, ready to fight anybody who dares to take a step forward. She was blocking the stairs with her body.

"Why are we here, Vick?" Delan asked her.

"To get Al's box back."

"Then why are you stopping our investigation?" Her resistance wavered for a second but she took a deep breath and squared her shoulders, "But I promised him..."

"What did he ask you to do exactly?" Lola asked, popping up beside Delan.

"He asked me to keep the files safe and not let anyone in the house touch them. He trusted me, you see. Of all the people here..."