7. Hard to Comprehend

SKYLAR

"I'm lost. I have to be your secret girlfriend?" I narrowed my eyes at Delan.

"Yes," Delan said and leaned forward, "It's just for a few days and then you can go back to your loverboy there"

"Are you guys nuts??" I was so angry that I wanted to snatch his glass of cocktail and empty it on his head.

Being in a world that I am unaware of is one thing. Pretending to be the girlfriend of the elder brother when the younger one is lusting over you - is a huge thing!

"Can't you hire girls from some theater group here?" I suggested while glaring at Delan, "Why are you straining and killing my brain cells?"

"Smart brain cells don't die easily" Delan said cooly.

"Fuck you?" I threw my hands up in the air and turned to Noah. 

He was amused! His eyes traveled from Delan to me and then back to Delan. He was definitely enjoying the show.

"Mind to explain?" I gritted my teeth and glared at Noah now.

He got up from his seat and came to stand in front of me, "It is just for 5 days. And then you are all mine, babe"

"All yours - in your dreams, sir! I don't belong to anyone here!"

Delan sighed, "They are all the same. KK says only QK was different, right? I am glad I got the charm from her"

"Sky..." Noah leaned in and I held my breath, "Please...think of it as a favour to my world. I know you are a compassionate person"

"No, I am not" 

"Yes, she is not" Delan agreed. I could detect a hint of anger in his tone, "Did you ever dive into a pool to save a drowning puppy?"

I frowned, "No?"

Delan looked at Noah, "I told you she is not compassionate."

Noah pursed his lips and gave his brother a look, "If you want her to help you, then be nice at least"

"You are nice, I am not. I don't beg...I take"

"Go to hell then!" I shouted and turned to get out of there. I knew nothing about this place but it is better to be anywhere but here. Delan gave me the wrong vibes - demeaning and arrogant asshole that he is.

"Oh honey, not me , you will. If I walk out of this room and tell them what you've done."

I stopped mid-way, "Tell who? What did I do?"

Noah gave Delan a threatening look, "Delan, No"

"Oh, brother. She has to know...Tell who, honey? Tell KK ofcourse! If you are wondering what KK is, its King Karson - my father"

Noah appeared grim and he lowered his gaze. The authority of the brothers made the whole room buzz with power. They had that influence and I wondered how their father would be. Though I felt a tiny flicker of fear, I didn't want to show it on my face. If Noah was not speaking, it means I may have done something. As far as I observed, Noah always came to my rescue. But not now.

"You are bluffing" I still wanted to believe that I did nothing. I've never seen these men before Claire royally fucked me up. I never knew a world with blood-sucking monsters existed. There is no way I could have done something to cause them damage.

"Listen" Noah blocked my view of his brother. Then it was all whispering. When they were done, Delan looked even more irritated and Noah flashed a smile.

"Skylar, we will tell you everything if you are patient enough to hear"

"Okay" I glared at Delan and came back to sit on the couch.