2. The Lion's Den

"I look like a hooker" I said, staring at my reflection in the mirror.

I was dressed in a black body-fit halter dress. My loud red lipstick with smoky eyes gave that 'she fucks for money' vibes. I knew I had a good body because I make sure to eat healthy and hit that gym at least 5 times a week. Sarah and Claire would do anything to have a bust like mine.

"You should look presentable"

I scoffed and ran the hair straightener through my brunette locks.

"You mean you are garnishing the dish?"

Claire smacked me on the head and asked me not to joke about things like that. But sadly, I wasn't. We made a plan to trap the vampire and get him to do our bidding. I've never seen this happen before, but two ladies here were desperately trying to kidnap a vampire dude. That involved one of them posing as a feeder while the other dresses her up and stay as back up help in case something goes wrong.

But if that guy really is a vampire, there is no way we can do anything against him. I was not ready to believe what Claire was saying the previous day. I thought she was hallucinating and I was shocked after knowing how many details she was aware of. It's not every day that your best friend turns up at your house and tells you there is a vampire to kidnap. But when she begged me to listen and help her this one time, I agreed.

Claire didn't want to tell the others and I kind of understood why. Sarah and John won't keep their mouths shut. Lizz would have not believed it. Her practical mind will search for flaws to prove Claire wrong. On the other hand, I am the adventure loving lunatic who has access to cash and privileges. Does that make me a good choice for the mission?

Apparently, yes.

"How did you know where this guy is put up?"

Claire sighed, "I had Kevin do the dirty job of hacking my dad's phone.  It was pretty easy. But I didn't expect this vampire to stay at a resort"

"Neither did I" I said sincerely.

"I guess they blend in with humans to stay inconspicuous."

I nodded and asked, "Do you think they have horns and fangs?"

"Horns?" She paused and shook her head, "No. But they do have fangs"

We kept talking like that until I completely straightened my otherwise wavy curls. She chose this floral fragrance to go with the dress, dangling earrings and a stone studded bracelet for the hand. I picked my best black pumps to go with the dress. Vampire men are tall, so a 5 feet 2 inch girl like me can go for her favorite high heels.

"I think you should pull your hair into a high pony tail" Claire said suddenly and I frowned.

I was planning on leaving them loose and that's why I took the trouble of straightening them.

"You should expose your neck, Sky" She said.

Oh. Lure the vampire with blood.

"Do you think he likes A +ve?" I tried to joke to ease the tension that suddenly lingered in the air.

"Hope so." She sighed.

-x-x-

"You know you are late?! How stupid are you girls?!" A mountain-like man screamed into my face.

Claire is dating one of her dad's employees. He is the man we talked about before - Kevin. He used some of his contacts to get us into the resort's VIP section. In other words, the Vampire section. The vampire has been here for a while and needs feeding. He had a meeting with Claire's dad the previous day. I don't think the tension has subdued and the death threat still stays valid. However, Mr. Rodriguez was kind enough to extend the helping hand and promised to get feeders for them. Then Kevin voluntarily took the responsibility and now I am here, standing in front of a Vampire bodyguard, explaining why I am late.