8. Things you dont know

"Do you eat Pizza?" Victor asked me enthusiastically.

Noah showed up at my room early in the morning to inform that I'll have to meet with the designers for the wedding clothes. Since I will be a member from the Royal family, my attire should reflect their standards.

Fair enough. I am all up for playing barbie barbie as long as I am not around Delan. But now, I dont want to be around Victor either. Not when he is enquiring me about human diet as if he were preparing a research paper about an alien specimen. Maybe humans are alien to him - just like vampires are to me.

"I eat Pizza, Burger, fries, nuggets, sauce, soups and even ice cream. Anything else you wanted to ask?"

"Yeah" he said unabashedly, "Do your teeth fall off if you chew on your ice cream?"

Thats a painful question to ask a person who has sensitive teeth. It reminded me of the time I accidentally bit on my popsicle and a total cringe feeling brought out the goosebumps on my body. It felt like my tooth were going to fall off....but they are stronger than that.

"No" I sighed, "They dont fall off. It hurts sometimes. Can I ask you questions too?"

"Sure!" He almost bounced in his seat. Ever since I saw his mother run behind him with that bat, I knew this one was the mischief maker. And when you are struck in places where you dont want to be, these mischief lovers are the ones who can be of help.

"Doesn't Delan eat human food too? Why dont you ask him all these questions?"

"No" he frowned, "Big Bro doesn't have human food in the palace. No one does unless it is necessary."

"He was gulping down a cosmopolitan the other day."

Victor's eyes shined, "What is a cosmopolitan?"

I sighed, "Aneed colored drink made of alcohol and cranberries"

"Red color drink...Oh! Skylar, that must be blood...diluted with sparkling water. When we are not that hungry, we take short sips like that"

I wanted to empty my gut but ignored and asked him another question.

"Who is getting married?"

"Carter and Rochelle" He beamed, "You know their alliance was pre-destined? The Goddess herself blessed their union before Rochelle was even born"

"Okay? You guys have a Goddess?"

"Yes" he chuckled and I frowned.

"What's funny?"

"You know all our parents saw the Goddess and I want to too. She is my maternal grandmother"

I almost jumped out of my seat but held on to the chair's hand, "She is your mother's mother? Wow. You guys should be quite popular"

"Yes we are" he agreed, "But not because of the Goddess but our dear King. I am known as the King's Nephew."

He said it with so much pride and happiness. I've noticed the same near the Karson brothers too. Everyone adored the King so much. It made me want to meet him soon. I was unable to fall asleep last night so I decided to stroll around in the palace. A very friendly maid found me and asked if I lost my way. I was quite surprised that she didnt scream and call for the security seeing a new person around. The instructions and orders travel pretty fast to the staff. Do the King and Queen know I am here too? Well, that is something that I can worry about later.

The maid told me so much about the kingdom and how the King was everything for them. And she was very fond of the Queen too.

"Delan resembles Her Highness so much" Victor took his name and my slightly peaceful mood took a u-turn towards the aloof and irritated zone again.