28.1 - Where it all began

#This will be a two-part chapter. Happy Reading!

3 Years Ago

Victoria

"Take me with you!" I pleaded, throwing my drawings up in the air. They slid on the ground and landed near Delan's feet. He still seemed least bothered and continued to pack his clothes.

"You promised!" I whined and tried to get close to him but magically, a dressing mannequin that was standing several feet away from me hovered right in front of me. One more step forward and it will hit me in the face.

"You are using shadows against me?"

He sighed and turned to me, "I can't take you. KK will kill me and I don't want you to keep pestering me"

"I won't," I said, determined to go to the human realm this time. I missed my chance when Noah went there last month. I sometimes envy them because they get to travel there more than anyone else. And for some reason, they are the only ones who know how to do it apart from our parents. If any one of Lucifer Karson's children is going to the human realm, it got to be me. Victor is too young for it. Huh.

"No" Delan said strongly, pointing a reprimanding finger at me, "And I won't repeat myself, Vick"

"Fine, I will tell Victor you are not taking me...my brother is the only one I can rely on. Biological brother..." I added for emphasis. 

"Are you nuts!? Not Victor! I can't handle his 'take me toooo' now! I'm already late!!"

"For what?" I raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

Delan beamed, "For my date" 

 I gasped, "I am coming! Please...I'll go around sightseeing. I won't be at home when you bring her at night." 

"It's not safe to wander at night" Delan frowned and finally zipped his bag.

"Safe for whom? Me or them?" I said, referring to the humans.

"SHH!" He hushed me, "Fine...you have a story?"

"Yo! hehehe" I planted a kiss on his cheek and rushed to 'reason with dad.

I and my dad knew that was the dumbest reason to ever exist. I want to go to the human realm to get some fabrics for my new gown collection. I want to fetch some satin, cotton, georgette and flawless silks from the mountains. And any sane person in the Kingdom knows that the best fabrics are available with us. But dad knew I wanted to go there and since Delan would be there too, he agreed. My mom was the much-needed hiccup but my aunty dearest managed things.

"Let her be...even she'll know the place we've grown up in" She chuckled and stroked my hair.

"Dylan, I don't want her to come back with a boy!" She glared at me with big eyes - the way she always scared me whenever I did something naughty. 

"Why would I?" I shrugged, "I am not that easy to sway. I don't trust men easily and they can't manipulate me."

My father sighed, "Will this Sasha-feminism run in our bloodline now?"

My mother narrowed her eyes at him, "She is being reasonable. That is NOT Feminism."

"Sure" My father scoffed.

"Not a boy, Young lady!" My mom reminded me.

Aunt Dylan laughed softly and said, "If the day were to come, a MAN will accompany Victoria...not a BOY"

While they were at it, I took my leave and joined Delan at the gates. I wore a white tank top, a khaki coloured cardigan and blue jeans. Delan wasn't dressed for the date so that means we will be stopping by the house. I always wanted to see his property there...