4. Like it or Not

I thought they were my friends.

I thought they were in trouble!

As soon as the vampire made the huge revelation, I retrieved the phone from my pocket. Claire already left a message on it.

'I'm sorry, Skylar. I had to do it for my Dad. It is You or Him'.

So practically, I did help save her dad. She chose to keep her daddy dearest secure and sold me to a Vampire. God knows what he was going to do with me. I focussed on my phone, trying to channel my anger. His impressive tattoo was distracting me and that didn't seem like a good sign. Not that I had anybody to go back to. My mother will only notice me gone if she runs out of funds. She will probably end up selling everything in the house. 

He sighed, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing" I said, "Processing Shit"

"I won't call this 'shit'"

I scoffed, "You are not the one who's been betrayed by her friends and standing before a vampire who won't show me his face"

I shouldn't have said that. Because he did what I was already expecting. He turned around. Now that's what I wanted right? I indirectly told him to show me his face and he did. But my mouth almost fell open when I saw him. The first thing I noticed were his eye lashes - Long and beautiful. I can't get those eyebrows without spending half an hour in a saloon and using an eyebrow pencil to correct the crevices. He had chocolate brown eyes and no stubble. He was the first man who looked 'manly' without a beard or mustache. His nose was long and had a sharp tip - a very prominent part of his face. His hair fell smoothly over his forehead and the breeze from the open window was sending ripples through it. 

He was a God.

"Why do you need me?" I asked, because I didn't know what else to say.

"You'll know once we reach the Palace"

I frowned, "The what?"

"Palace" he repeated without losing his patience. 

"You mean where the Queen stays? The Buckingham Palace?" I couldn't hide the tinge of excitement in my voice.

"No" He chuckled, "Even better - The Vampire Palace"

My excitement took a hit and fell off the cliff, "Oh. Why?"

He just stood there, looking at me. 

"You will know when you reach." 

I threw my hands up in the air and tried to glare effectively at him. That was posing to be a challenge.

He chuckled, "Your pretty phone doesn't have social media, I hope? Did you leave discreet statuses online? Even if you did...my team will take care lf it."

I wanted to throw my phone at him but that would hurt his perfect face or that luscious body. And why do I care?

He is very handsome but not enough to cloud my mind. I will still behave because I am a good person and don't like hurting anyone. 

"Stay safe. You will be leaving for the palace tomorrow" saying that, he began to walk towards the door.

And again, that's when I noticed that all he had was a towel around his waist. As he moved, I noticed that ass. He has a good ass. he is a jerk, he kidnapped me, he actually made a deal to trap me...but the fact still remains that he has a good ass. Are vampires supposed to be this good looking or this is all an illusion? For all I now, he could turn into an ugly bat anytime and I won't get to see that sexy body again. Maybe, all the vampires in that palace have visible fangs, growing horns, bloodshot eyes and what else.