50. New Rules

Dylan

"That makes your ass look fat" I told Rochelle and Victoria burst out laughing at my honest observation.

"I can't find myself a wedding dress!" She complained.

"You will find one" Victoria assured Rochelle, "Skylar found one for herself. You will too!"

"Skylar is not pregnant! I am!" She threw the veil down and sat on the cozy sofa chair. Picking her third goblet of blood in two hours, she eyed the dresses like they were her sworn enemies.  

This happens when you do not let two people who want to get married...get married. Carter and Rochelle took their relationship to the next level without clearing the previous level. It is a good thing that we have a non-judgmental environment except that Julian was behind Carter for his blood after his daughter announced that she was expecting a child. Poor Carter was traumatized but that's how a loving father would respond when he hates the guy his little one is getting married to. 

I wished my own family dynamics were as simple as this. If my daughter-in-law being pregnant with my son's child is going to be my biggest concern, I would thank Ari for keeping it that uncomplicated. A child is a gift and I will consider my son blessed. Instead, I have a depressed son who did not step out of his personal chambers for over 6 months. Also, seeing how he is the future King, the people are not very happy with his absence. The political disturbance is spreading unease that is not good for the throne. 

Dexter thinks Alex needs to take his time. I beg to differ. 

When we came back from Russia, he locked himself in the Western chambers and requested that no one disturb him. After a week, we thought he was upset that we followed the Goddess's orders and locked her inside the portal. However, he sent us a note saying he is not holding anyone responsible for what happened and he still loves us immensely. But, no one gets to enter his chambers. We stationed a few kings guards outside Alex's doors for his safety. They bring him feeders and handle his laundry, or see to anything he needs. Despite all this, they have never seen his face in the last six months.

We all tried to talk to him but he never responds vocally. It is always the letters. I could feel the weight of his recent letter in my pocket. I read it a million times and still don't feel satisfied. I want to see my son. While Victoria and Rochelle bickered, I fetched the piece of paper and stared at his beautiful handwriting.

Dear Mother,

I am very happy to hear about Carter - Rochelle and Delan - Skylar's weddings. It is lovely that you and Father decided to have both of the events on the same day. On behalf of me, please wish them a best life and a prosperous future. 

Love,
Alex

I sent him a letter saying he should come to offer his congratulations personally and I am not his owl. I didn't mean to sound mean but my patience is waning. I  understand what he shared with the Goddess of Death but that is no reason for him to stop living. What if she comes back like she promised? It is highly unlikely, yes. No soul escapes from the portal but miracles do happen. We live to see one grace our lives. I want him to keep his hopes up and make wise choices and inherit his throne. But I will have to lecture him about all this personally and he won't show me his face.

"Mother" 

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Noah standing by the door.

"Noah" I smiled at him.

"Tux or Suit?" He showed me two different outfits, both in ivory.

"Suit" I told him and sighed. Rochelle seems to have found a dress and Victoria was desperately trying to sell her design to her cousin.