5. Way too big ;[ Each day has enough of its own troubles.]

5.// WAY TOO BIG; [ Each day has enough of its own troubles.]

Thankfully, maxi arrived with his car in no time.
I hopped in immediately, relaxing on the seat.

He looked at me with concern. Raising an eyebrow as if expecting me to speak first.

"Thank you," I said.
"For?" He smirked.

"Just drive please, I want to go home." I chuckled and playfully punched his shoulders.

He started the car, I put the AC on full blast as he drove.
"Will, you at least tell me what happened? And besides, you sounded more excited to see me on WhatsApp than in person. Who offended you, Naomi Campbell?" He teased.

A smile crept upon my lips, "look, I'm happy to see you. I just had a bad day at school."

He diverted his attention to me from time to time.
"I know you're happy to see me and you missed me. I mean, what's there not to miss..." Removing one hand from the steering wheel, he stroked a pose and stroked his Teddy.

I laughed, "Please focus on the road, I don't want to die yet. And yes almighty Maximus, Naomi missed you. Just tiny, small, tintini. "

"So who offended you? All I need is a name. I'll deal with him or her." Maximus said with pride.

"It's one idiot like this, his name is Elvis. A very useless human being. Always asking stupid questions and doing stupid things.
Unfortunately, we got detained and he took it upon himself to frustrate my life today. Now I'm in even bigger trouble because I just accidentally soaked half pages of people's test scripts inside dirty water." I sighed

Maximus let out a low chortle, "first up, why did you get detained?"

" I didn't submit my assignment."

"You didn't submit? Or you didn't do it at all?" He queried.

"Same thing."

He sighed, "this Elvis guy, what exactly did he do?"

"Looked for trouble and I gave it to him."

Maxi coughed hysterically.
"I think this Elvis guy likes you."

"God forbid bad thing. I reject it." I quickly denounced it, causing maxi to laugh even louder.

* * *
As soon as we drove in, I jumped out of the car. Eager to get to my room, my solace.

Removing my shoes at the doorway, I held it in my hand and walked into the living room to meet the querying eyes of mom, grandma, and Elizabeth with a book in front of her.

"Good evening ma."

Mom glanced at the wall clock and then back at me " it's 6:00 pm, Why are you just coming back from school?"

"Uhmm, I-I was helping out a teacher."

"Oh Really?" Mom asked, obviously surprised.

"Yes ma, I was helping her arrange books in her office," I said confidentially because I was saying the truth, even though it was a half-truth.

Mom still gave me a doubtful look.
"If you say so," she returned her attention to the TV screen.

"Iyaloja good evening ma." I greeted with a curtsey.

"You're just seeing me abi?" She said giving me the stink eye.

"E ma binu ma"

"Shioor , Sha wake up early tomorrow cause I'm going tomorrow morning."

I didn't know when I fist-bumped the air in excitement.