8. Way too big;[ for unsolicited opinions.]

8.//  Way too big; [ For unsolicited opinions.]

The entire human race, to which y'all belong, has been getting on my nerves for the past 24 hours. I needed to relax for a bit, away from the scrutinizing eyes of Mrs. Akinola, the principal, and members of my household.
Especially mom with her constant reminder that I'll be going to that hell hole otherwise called gym on Saturday morning.

And there's one place that can bring me that relaxation. Samantha's mom boutique.
We got down from the car and strutted Into the boutique to find Samantha's mom sitting comfortably and counting money, constantly lubricating her fingers with saliva while counting. I almost gagged.

"Good afternoon ma." We greeted.
"Afternoon my customer. What do you want to buy?" She asked, not once did her eyes leave the money she's counting.

Don't tell me Samantha's mom doesn't recognize our voices?

"Mummy!" Samantha called.
It was then she raised her head, recognition evident on her face.
"Oh,  obu gi?(it's you?), how are you?" She asked, her attention back to the money she's counting.

This woman is the real MADAM CASH , I tell you. Even her names have affiliation with money, Monica egoamaka ; meaning money is good.

"Fine ma." We chorused.

"62, 63, 64, 65..." That's the reply we got.
No one needed to tell us to go to the office. We went in there after saying hi to the girls working there.
Samantha ordered pizza and ice cream.

While we were waiting for it to arrive, busy chatting about everything and anything. Samantha's mom called.
"Onyeka!!!" Her voice was loud.
"Ma??" Samantha sprang up from the chair.
"Nkiruka!"
"Ma?" I speedily followed Samantha out of the office.
That's right.
Samantha's mom only calls us by our native name. She calls everyone by their Igbo name, even if you're not Igbo. She'll look for an Igbo name that suits you.

"Customers are plenty. Attend to them. Confuse or convince them to buy, ị na-anụ olu m( Do you hear me?)" Samantha's mom said and dismissed us.

And indeed the shop was filled up, I went to a particular couple that was in the shoe section.
They looked newly married, telling by their wedding rings and the looks they were giving each other. The man kissed her forehead.

Definitely newly married.
"Good afternoon ma, sir" they Both turned to me, their smile could light up this whole room.
"Afternoon dear. How are you? How was school today?" The lady spoke softly, her arms interlinked with her husband's.

Wait, which school? How does she know I'm in school?.

There and then, I realize dumbly that I'm still in my uniform.
"I'm fine ma, school's fine ma." I smiled brightly too, trying to match their energy.

"Oh please call me Naomi. This "ma" makes me feel like an old woman." She chuckled.

"My name is Naomi too." I smiled proudly.
She gasped and held her chest.
"My my my. My namesake." she blinks rapidly, dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief she's holding.

Please, don't tell me she's getting emotional already...

The next thing I know, she left her husband's side to hug me. It felt kind of Awkward but I hugged her back. It was then I felt the small bump in her stomach.
With This floral dress, she's wearing, you won't even know she's pregnant.

"I told you, there's something about Naomi's being dark-skinned. There's no light-skinned Naomi." Her husband said as if proving a point. A smirk tugging on his lips.