29. Way too big; [ I knew for a fact that this school was tired of me.]

29.// Way too big ;[ I knew for a fact that this school was tired of me.]

In the principal's office, I stood with my hands behind my back and my head bowed in courtesy as the test results were being called out by Shade's dad.

"A broken rib, internal bleeding, a broken nose, probably a cracked skull..." He slammed his fist against the table, startling all of us, and shot up. Fuming.
He faced mom, " the point here is your daughter almost killed my nephew!"

Only his ragged breath could be heard as all attention was fixed on him.

Abruptly, he turned to the principal, "I need an explanation. I need you to explain to me why this thing..." He glanced at me with disdainful eyes and I quickly averted my gaze to the ground.

Thing?
I have suffered.

"...nearly killed my nephew before I call the police." He threatened.

Panic set in as the principal wiped off beads of sweat from his forehead, even under this AC.
Mom rubbed the side of her head in frustration.
"My nephew is in a critical condition in the hospital. He's in very bad shape. What do I call my brother to tell him?" He asked the principal.

"Barely a month since he came to live in my house and you people want to kill him In this school. You better start talking Mr. Man before I call the police." He was fuming.

The principal spoke for the first time since I stepped into this office with mom, "Sir, please calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Shade's dad thundered.

This man has major anger issues.
When his nephew was strangling Elizabeth nko?

Speaking of Elizabeth, they just came to call me that the principal was calling me. I came into the office to meet mom, the principal, and Shade's dad. No Elizabeth, till now.
She should be here to testify.

"Mr. Oni. Please calm down." The principal tried again and this time he was successful because Shade's dad sat down grudgingly.

"Naomi, come forward." The principal called.
I took long fast strides towards them and stood behind mom.

"Can you tell us what happened?"

"Think before you talk." Mom warned, giving me the eye.
I guessed she didn't want me to implicate myself more than I already have. She didn't want this issue to escalate by my poor choice of words.

So I thought for a few seconds before speaking with sudden boldness, "Your nephew, jide, threatened my sister and bullied her. He grabbed her by the neck and strangled her for no reason. He would have probably killed her if I wasn't there."

"What?" Mom was shocked. She had no idea.

Elizabeth and I didn't tell mom anything when we got home, it was on Saturday morning that the principal had called, that mom's presence was needed at the school on Monday morning. And as usual, mom concluded that it could only be me and my shenanigans.

I carried on, "Yes. You can ask him if he's still able to speak." I muttered the last part.

"We can call Elizabeth and ask her. Jide harassed my sister. Shade bullies Samantha almost every day. Shade is a-"

My ranting spree is cut short by the principal, "Who did you report to?"

It was a simple question, that I had no answer to.
"Who did you report to?" He asked again.

"No one," I muttered.

"Oh, God!" Mom sunk further into the seat defeated.

Shade's father stood up and smoothened down his suit, and faced me, "I'm going to deal with you. I'm going to sue this school if anything happens to my nephew. Because I didn't do anything when you pushed my daughter down the stairs the last time."