2. way too big;[ Ruined dinner.]

2.//WAY TOO BIG ; [ Ruined dinner]

Dinner was delightfully delicious as usual. I was clearing my third plate and I felt like I hadn't eaten anything. Just how hungry was I? I wondered.

Save it, Naomi, we all know you can eat food meant for 200 people and you'll Still not be satisfied.

Well, a man's gotta do what a man gotta do to survive. And I gotta eat to survive, duh.

I was filling up my plate with another mountain of rice, fried plantain, and turkey. When my family chose to ruin this perfect moment by talking about irrelevant things.

By irrelevant things, I mean...

"So when will the competition hold?" Mom asked, chewing lightly like the sophisticated woman that she is.
"Next two weeks Friday," Elizabeth answered.
"I'm sure you'd be fully prepared by then," Mom flashed the smile that says i-know-you'll-make-me-proud.

See, totally irrelevant stuff.
I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

Dad wiped the side of his mouth with a napkin.
"Where would it be held?" He inquired.
"At a convention center, on the island," Elizabeth answered.

"Alright, that's wonderful. I'll check my schedule to see if I'll have time to be there that day." Dad said, even though we all knew it would take a miracle for dad to be there that day, considering his busy schedule.

" I know you'll make us proud. You've never let us down before. " Mom smiled at Elizabeth, flashing her perfect teeth.

Random fact: did you know having perfect teeth is such a big flex?

Eric decided to ruin this already ruined moment by announcing he also had a competition.
"There's this inter-house sports competition we're having in our school next week Friday. And I'm representing blue house for a race. Marathon and relay." he announced, his voice laced with pride.

I snorted.

"Aww. I'm sure you'll ace it. You've always been a fast runner. Right from when you were young..." I shut mom's voice out as she went down memory lane about my brother's athletic abilities.

I chewed on my Turkey.
"Your father and I are so proud of you guys..."
Minus me, I know. I don't need to hear it.

Eric chose this moment to make dinner more interesting by instigating a fight.
"So Naomi, what event do you have planned out for the week?" He asked with a smirk on his lips.

All eyes on me, I began faking a cough. Which eventually turned into a real cough. Dad offered me water, I drank till the last drop. I cleared my throat and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand instead of a napkin.
I earned a stink eye from mom for that. I quickly averted my eyes.

To answer Eric's question, I cleared my throat once more and spoke.
"Well, why do you want to know?" I replied. Two can play the game.

He looked taken back, obviously not expecting that reply.
I smirked.
"Well, everybody's talking about the events they have planned out and their goals and you haven't said anything?"

"So?" I was getting bored.
" Could it be that you have no goals to tell us about?" Eric said and smirked.
This little devil knew exactly what he was doing.
He was trying to get me riled up and hell yeah, I had his time tonight.

"Or could it be that I like to do my thing on the low? You know, keep a low profile. I'm not the one to brag and all that. So while you're here bragging and spewing garbage about your athletic abilities. Try not to drag my low-key self into it...okay?"

"Or could it be that you're just jealous?"
"Jealous of what?"
Dad cleared his throat.
" That's alright kids. Talking while eating is inappropriate."

My head snapped to dad.
"oh! But when you're talking about Eric's and Elizabeth's competition, it's not inappropriate?"

"Leave me out of this," Elizabeth warned, sneering at me.
"Don't speak to your father in such a manner, Naomi!" Mom shouted.

"How about the manner in which he's speaking to me, how about the manner in which Eric is speaking to me?" I was beginning to get angry.

"Still, you have no right to speak to dad that way," Eric said.
This boy is a demon, I've always known it. A recipe for disaster. He was fueling this whole thing and guess what. I had their fucking time today. Good thing I had eaten up my fourth plate. I had the strength for them.

"You had better shut up before I shut you up." I averted my gaze to dad, raising both eyebrows in question.
"I simply asked a question, so it's inappropriate when I say something during dinner but then it's 'highly' appropriate when you all are talking about Eric's sports competition and Elizabeth's competition., Huh?"

"Naomi, were you deaf when I said to leave me out of this ?" Elizabeth asked through gritted teeth.

"It is you who's deaf and dumb even. I say whatever I like. It's a free world." I backfired.

"Don't speak to Elizabeth like that." And there she goes again, Always siding everyone but me.
" God Dammit! " I slammed my hands on the table and stood up.

"Oh but she can speak to me anyhow she wants to, asking me if I'm deaf? And this idiot..." I pointed at Eric. He gasped, faked a gasp. Trust me, I knew Eric's antics too well.
"Telling me I'm jealous?. And you're telling me not to speak to them in such a manner. This idiot..." I pointed at Eric again.

"Naomi!" Mom chided, I ignored her.
"....is 12 years old, and this one, 14 . I'm 17, who should learn how to talk to who?" I was fuming.
If this were a cartoon, I'm pretty sure steam would have been coming out of my ear and my head would have turned red.

"Naomi shut up and sit down!" Mom ordered.
"No thank you. I'm done with this conversation and dinner." I pushed the chair backward and began walking out on them.
"Naomi" mom and dad called at once.
I looked back at them. Practically fuming.
"Yes?"
" On second thought, just go. I can't handle any more of your rudeness" mom said, dismissing me with a wave of her hand.

Now that's more like it.
Shutting the door to my room, I collapsed on the bed.
Ignoring the headache I was having, I closed my eyes and slept.