14. Way too big ;[ i hate numbers.]

Dedicated to Arnoldthedino and Pius_1916

14.// Way too big ;[ I hate numbers.]

My intense hatred for numbers began with my weight. My ever-rising weight. And The things I had to go through because of my weight. I watched through my room window as Eric and Elizabeth got into the Jeep and the driver drove out of the compound.

With a deep sigh, I placed the new pedometer dad bought for me on my waistband.  To help me keep track of how many steps I took. And went into the kitchen to have my breakfast.
A plate of vegetable salad was waiting for me, alongside apples and 1.5 liter Eva water.

My stomach rumbled, I looked round to make sure the coast was clear. I wouldn't want mom walking in on me as I opened the fridge in search of something good to eat.
My jaws dropped as I stopped in my tracks.
Everything was gone. The cake, ice cream, chocolate bars, juices, soft drinks. Everything was gone.
Well except water, milk, apples, watermelon and I squinted my eyes is that lemon I see?.
I was sick to the stomach. I adjusted my glasses, then took them off and blinked twice.
Everything was really...gone.

Did mom really clear everything?
Where the hell did she put them?

"Looking for something?" Mom's voice shocked the living hell out of me as I slammed the fridge door shut and leaned on it. Trying to look as casual as possible.

"No...yes actually. I needed water." I mentally applauded my lying skills.

Mom walked to the coffee machine, "when there's water on the dining table?"
Well, shit.
"I needed cold water." This time, I did a small happy dance in my head.
Cause that was smooth. Real smooth.

"Eat your breakfast and go to school else you'll be late." Mom sipped hot coffee as she stepped out of the kitchen already on a phone call.

* * *

Haliya furrowed her brows, "For real? That's quite intense." I just got to school. Tired and sweaty. Haliya took my bag from me after I explained everything to them.

"Intense?" Samantha scoffed. "That's outrageous. Why should Naomi walk while her siblings get to Come to school with a car? And she still goes to that hell hole."

Haliya narrowed her eyes in confusion, "what hell hole?"

"The gym of course."
Haliya chuckled, "you sound like you've had a nasty experience in the gym."

"Don't remind me about the one time we were doing push-ups and my breasts spilled out of my bra cause I  wore the wrong type of bra ."
I stifled the laughter that threatened to escape my lips any minute.

"That was the first and last time I went to the gym. Never again." She threw her hands over her head and snapped her fingers.
"God forbid bad thing.
Each time my mom suggests something, it always turns out to be terrible." She turned to me.
"Remember that time my mom said I should go and learn a skill?"

"Yeah?" I urged.
"I went for one day oh, just one day. I chose hairdressing and mehn  I'm definitely not cut out for that shii. I stood Nao, I stood for hours. When it's not a military school.
Some of the other girls there kept telling me that I'll get used to it. "
Samantha held her head high and flipped her braids, "Can never be me."

Haliya started of with chuckling, then it was a burst of full-blown laughter, "you're a case.
Anyways, I have to go."

"To see Micheal?" Samantha poked her ribs and wiggled her brows at Haliya.
Haliya blushed bright red, "nooo. We have a literature exam for the first paper."