6. Way too big;[ putting people in their place.]

6.// Way too big ;[ putting people in their place.]

The rest of the week passed in a blur, uneventful.
It was Saturday morning and I was in my room laying on my bed and listening to rap music.

Sleep was beckoning on me and I was just about to heed its call when a knock interrupted.
"Naomi Campbell?" Maxi called.
"Come on in," I said as I changed from a lying to a sitting position.

He entered and went to stand in front of my dressing mirror, combing his hair and beards.
Curiosity got the most of me, "are you going somewhere? Are we going out?"

"Yeah sure, we're going to Eric's sports competition. I came to see if you're ready." He replied, still checking himself out in the mirror.

One brow went high in question, "Ready? Nobody told me about any sport competition?" I paused the music I was playing.

"Are you sure? Anyways get ready fast. I'll be waiting in the car with Eric and Elizabeth." He said and pulled my smallest toe causing me to yelp.

He laughed out loud as he strutted out of my room.

I quickly put on a blue round neck top and change from my baggy shorts to blue palazzo pants.

Shoving my phone in my palazzo pants and grabbing my earpiece from my dressing table, I rushed downstairs cause I didn't want to be the one that delayed them.

Mom's rocking a blue tracksuit, her hair packed up in a neat bun. I was just about to compliment her dressing and tell her we were wearing matching attires just Incase she didn't notice, when she turned around and saw me, "oh good, you're here. I was just about to call you. Today you'll be in charge of the shop..."

I used my tiniest finger to clean my ear cause maybe I didn't hear clearly.
Which shop?

"So please, use your sense. Call me if there's anything and most importantly, be nice to my customers. There's money on the dining table for you to take an Uber." Mom finalized, threw the key at me, and left. I caught it like a pro if you know what I mean.

Disappointed, I went back upstairs to take a small bag. As if I knew, that's why they didn't tell me about any freaking sports competition.

In no time, I was out of the house, walking to the bus stop where I'd take a tricycle to shop. Since the Uber guy was taking forever to get here. The enticing smell of jollof rice changed my direction and soon I was in a restaurant buying 3 plates of steamy jollof rice and fried chicken with the Uber money.

As soon as I reached the bus stop, I flagged down a tricycle but there was only a free space at the front. Heaven knows that if I enter and sit there, I'll fall off. So I waited patiently for another, this time there was a free space at the back but damn my body size. Squeezing myself in, I realized that I could take up space for two. And unfortunately, there was another plus-size woman there, only someone like Haliya could fit in.
I squeezed myself out of the tricycle and decided to take a bike this time.

In as much as I hate bikes, I had no choice in this situation.
Flagging down the next bike, I got on it after describing mom's shop to him.

Barely a few minutes later, this man started bending the bike like this was one of those life-threatening sports.
Fear consumed me as I held on to the bike seat tightly.
I think this man is on a mission to commit suicide and he wanted me to tag along. He doesn't know that my coffin size isn't in the market. The speed at which he was moving, oh hell no. Grabbing his collar, I Shook him vigorously and violently. I screamed, "stop, stop!" My guy didn't even budge.

Is this one deaf?
"S-stop, I forgot something. My money has fallen." I screamed even louder.
At the mention of money, my guy pressed the brake, causing me to almost fly forward cause of the way he suddenly stopped.
I came down immediately. My head was spinning.
The bike man whose face has been outrageously decorated with countless tribal marks spoke for the first time," owo mi da?" His hands were wide open.