ten

Thank you for being patient with me! I've been a little overwhelmed with school and haven't had time/ inspiration/ energy to write as much. I have decided to post once a week, and hopefully this will give me more time to write extra chapters and eventually I can go back to posting twice a week. Thank you to everyone who has been so understanding :)

~

I drag Cole all around the store as I place item after item in his arms. He has to readjust the items multiple times so they don't topple to the floor, but I don't help him. I told him that he shouldn't get to use a shopping cart because he has insisted on following me around. I know that those are his orders, but I don't fucking care- Cole is my mate's pack member, an inferior- which basically means that I should be able to order him around if I feel like.

I may be acting a little petty, but after feeling powerless for so long, I want to take back control in any way I can- so Cole is struggling to hold all of my prank materials.

There are many containers of glitter, onions, chocolate, and other supplies. I have decided that the best way to prank Axel would be to set up dozens of small pranks. A big prank could easily flop- that guy is fucking perceptive. In order to ensure success, I will set up pranks that may take him days to find. He'll think the pranks are over and then BOOM! He finds another one.

I think it's fucking brilliant.

The one thing I haven't discussed with Axel is what will happen after this weekend. I just met him yesterday, and I'm not comfortable leaving behind my friends, my pack, my school, and my family to move hours away from home just yet. I want to finish out my school year. Since it's March, I only have until my June graduation.

Axel can wait until then to be annoyed constantly by me.

I make Cole pay for the materials with the Dark Wood pack's money, and a sudden thrill spreads from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. I'm really doing this! If Axel is gonna be an annoying shit and boss me around, he can pay for my reaction to his orders.

We have to make a stop at my house to get some more supplies. I keep things in my garage year-round, and when I lug one of my favorite prank materials from my garage and place it in the trunk of Cole's car, his widened brown eyes stare back at me with a mixture of awe and pure shock.

"He's going to murder you," Cole says as he rubs a hand over his face.

"No, he's going to remember this the next time he decides to order me around. I don't need a fucking babysitter," I grin and lean back in the passenger seat as Cole pulls the car into reverse and drives in the direction of the pack house.

"I think these pranks will show just how much you need a babysitter."

"Then you're doing a really shitty job, aren't you?" I ask, then pat Cole on the shoulder.

"Oh my goddess," Cole gasps. He turns to me when the car comes to a stop at a red light. "He's going to murder me!"

"Probably," I cackle, imagining Axel's reaction when he realizes that not only did Cole know these pranks were planned, but he paid for them with their money. Priceless!

Cole mumbles some nonsense about his position as pack warrior not being worth the torture he will have to endure. I just scroll through my phone trying to pass the time.

After a few minutes of scrolling through Instagram with absolutely nothing interesting to note, a picture from Virginia's account comes up- and it's her with her tongue down Brenden's throat. Apparently there was a party last night that ran into the early hours of the morning and practically everyone from my school was there. Well, every werewolf. The humans wouldn't have been invited.