twenty

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! I'm sorry for skipping an update and not checking in with you guys. I'm not dead!!! (Surprisingly, a lot of you thought I was injured lol). I was just taking time for myself :)

Enjoy this chapter!

P.S. I love cliffhangers...

~

I wake up to the sound of an alarm. It's that really annoying iPhone ringing sound from my nightmares, but I never use that alarm sound so I just ignore it- well, I try really fucking hard to ignore the awful noise. I even push my pillow around my ears to drown it out, but nobody turns it off.

"Fucking hell," I grumble as I reach over and push the snooze button on the device. Nine minutes later that shit rings again, and I groan again. I shouldn't be offended that the phone is ringing again when I only snoozed it, but I find a fucking way. When I shut the alarm off, I finally get my bearings and realize where I am.

I'm in my new room at the Dark Wood pack house, and I'm alone. I don't remember Axel leaving, but I was also really out of it when he finished doing things with his hands. And his tongue. And his teeth. Fuck, he really knows how to make me his bitch.

I study the phone, at first not recognizing whose it is. It sure as shit isn't mine, and it isn't Axel's either. I click on the screen and see my old wallpaper- some random meme about giraffes. That's strange, because I think I'm the only one that has this picture.

I remember giving Axel my broken phone. Did he... buy me a new phone and set it up for me last night? I excitedly unlock the phone. There's no password, something that I'll fix later, and I see that all of my old contacts and photos are there. My mate just gave me a brand new phone! Holy shit! I open Snapchat and update my followers on my new phone and the new room I have. I like to pretend I'm an influencer even though I don't have that many followers. Maybe one day...

Another alarm goes off, and that's when I realize the time. It's 6:50 and I'm expected to show up at training at 7:00. I rub at my eyes and they immediately start burning. I run up to the mirror in the bathroom and take a look at my eyes. Fuck! I forgot to take my contacts out and now my eyes are irritated as hell. I take the contacts out and throw the useless things away. My eyes are going to itch and burn all day if I put in another pair. Axel was so distracting that I must have fallen asleep without doing any bathroom stuff.

I quickly brush my teeth. I skip a shower because I'm about to get sweaty so what's the point, anyway? I weigh the pros and cons of showing up to training with glasses. If I wear glasses, Axel and the other wolves will immediately know something is wrong. A werewolf's eyesight is always perfect, our senses are very advanced and align with that of real wolves. I only need them because of what happened last year.

On the other hand, I could just go with no contacts, sit off on the sidelines, and pretend I can see everything perfectly fine. I won't actually have to do any intense training. Axel knows that I wouldn't be any good at it, so he won't go too hard on me.

Yeah, that sounds like the way to go!

~

Nope. Bad idea. After I stumble through the large house teeming with werewolves that I don't know, after they all give me weird stares for walking into walls and tripping over myself, I finally make it out to the field where training is taking place. Axel is in the middle of teaching some pack guards some fighting stance and some fancy punching technique, so I walk over there.

I see Cole training as well. At least I have a good sense of smell. I can pick up his scent, thank the Goddess, so at least I know which one he is. Everyone's faces are a little blurry, but I can make out a smile on Cole's face when he spots me. He gives me a friendly wave.