twenty- nine

Cooper's POV

"Your cock was just in my mouth and now you're being shy?"

Axel's dirty words play over and over in my mind as I shower alone. Fucking hell, my mate does not shy away from anything. I was embarrassed enough before he had to mention where my dick just was. I agreed with Axel that he needed to go downstairs.

At first, I was hurt when he all of a sudden stopped kissing me and practically ordered me to take a shower while he went downstairs. I couldn't help it, but my initial reaction was to assume that our sexual encounters didn't mean as much to him as they did to me. At that moment, I wanted to snuggle and cling to him just like before, and when he didn't seem to feel the same way, I was offended. Even though I'm mated to Axel now, his emotions are still confusing to decipher. I couldn't tell why he was leaving so abruptly, but when he explained that he just wanted to fuck me again, I couldn't help but laugh.

From now on, maybe I should assume my mate is in a perpetual state of arousal. I mean, it makes sense. I'm hot, of course he wants to fuck me at all hours of the day.

I use a bar of soap to wash my chest and stomach. Thankfully, this is my bathroom that no one else will use. I don't think anyone would want traces of my semen coating their soap. Even though I'm alone, I still make myself laugh out loud at the thought of someone else detecting a strange scent on this bar of soap.

My laughter distracts me from my current state, and the bar of soap decides to be a bitch, slip out of my hands, and fly across the shower floor.

"What the fuck did I ever do to you?" I mumble to the bar of soap.

Now that I think of it, maybe it was the semen.

I bend down to pick it up and immediately gasp at the soreness in my ass. I wince, taking a few breaths before I continue bending down to pick up the soap and stand up again. Fuck, Axel really did a number on me. I can't believe that I shoved him fully inside me initially.

Okay, I actually can believe it, because it was my first instinct in the moment to be as close to him as humanly possible. I'm only partially regretting it now. I'm so fucking happy that we're mated. We can mindlink, have lots of kinky sex, feel each other's emotions on a deeper level, have lots of kinky sex, and have lots of kinky sex!

The only thing that gives me pause is the idea that I have to go back to Lunar territory. I want, more than anything, to stay here with the Dark Wood pack and with Axel. I want to learn more about being a Beta's mate and help Axel with his load of responsibilities. He's helped me so much, I just want to help him, too.

However, although it will crack my heart in two, I know that I need to finish out the last few months at my high school. I need time to spend with my friends and I want to savor the limited time I have left with them. Leaving my friends behind will crush me. I know that I can still see them, but it won't be nearly as often as it is when living in the same territory as them. I wouldn't be surprised if I go a year without seeing them at some point. I'm sure shit will get busy for me once I start college.

As long as I continue seeing Axel every weekend (and possibly some times during the week) I will be able to maintain my cool. I talk to Axel everyday anyways, so this should be a piece of cake, right?

Twenty minutes later I'm downstairs with a new outfit on and my contacts in. Most of the wolves in the mansion are having lunch, and I know that I'm fucking starving after the amount of orgasms I've had today.

I find Axel on his phone in the corner of the main room. He leans against the wall closest to a comfortable and sleek-looking brown leather couch. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would stand against a hard wall when they could be lounging on a comfy couch, but my mate is bred like no other.