twelve

After the fiasco that was my coming-out experience, I fell into a restless sleep. I hate to admit it, but I really fucking wish that Axel was here to hold me. I shouldn't be some weak bitch that depends on their mate to cheer them up all of the time. I also don't want Axel to know about my fucked up family. If they're not okay with my preference of dicks over vaginas, then they won't be okay with his choices either.

I need to protect him from my family. Axel may seem like a tough guy, but I feel like he has a lot of pent up emotions that plague him.

I don't actually know that because I only met him two days ago, but I have a sixth sense about it.

Axel's text last night was hilarious. He was trying to do his typical Beta shit where he told me instead of asking me to do something. How long do you think he'll keep trying to order me to do shit before he learns that I'm my own person?

My stomach rumbles as my thoughts shift from Axel to my family. I can hear them chatting downstairs, but there's no fucking way that I'm going downstairs until they're gone. I check my phone and see that it's 10:00 in the morning, and I internally groan.

I'm fucking starving.

I waste time on Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter as I wait for my parents and sister to leave the house in search of more "family time." I'm so not surprised I wasn't invited. For once, I'm actually grateful. I need time away from them to think about things.

They obviously don't support me, so I just need to either come up with a way for them to come around to the idea of me being mated to a guy or to avoid the fact that I'm mated to Axel. I only have a few months left until I graduate, and I know that Axel needs to go back to the Dark Wood pack today. I'll stay here until I graduate, and we'll visit each other on the weekends. My parents will never even have to know that Axel is my mate!

Once I graduate, I can leave this shitty town and join Dark Wood. It's be so fucking cool to be a Beta! I'll get to know all the gossip and all the tea!

It's 11:30 when I hear the front door slam shut. The lock clicks and I'm immediately off of my bed and racing downstairs. I grab a pack of poptarts and stick the chocolate pastries into the toaster oven.

I swear, waiting for this shit to toast feels like torture. I end up taking them out a little early, but they're warm enough and I'm starving.

I break them in half and bite into the middle parts which are filled with gooey chocolate. I sigh happily. I eat everything except for the outer crusts of the poptart, because who actually likes eating those parts? They're not frosted, and there's no chocolate on them. Any time I eat the entire poptart, it's because I feel obligated to or I haven't eaten all day. Eating the crust of the poptart is kind of like eating my vegetables- I don't want to, but sometimes I do it anyway.

I decide to get dressed, knowing that Axel will drop by to say goodbye to me before he leaves. I decide on a pair of sea green shorts and a white t-shirt. I already put in my contacts earlier, so I don't have to worry about that.

I look at myself in the mirror and notice that my hair looks like a frizzy mess. It's so fucked up that running my hands through it doesn't make it better, so I have to spend a little while styling it so the curls tame a little. Now when I look in the mirror, I actually really like my hair.

This is a good hair day, nobody better fuck it up or I'll fuck them up.

A few minutes later, Axel texts me.

Axie Poo: Here

My mate is so romantic. Wait, how the fuck does he know where I live? I bet it was because Cole told him from yesterday when I had to grab the skeleton from my garage. I can't wait to ask him if he fell for it!