Almost Busted

(Y/n) took a deep breathe as she walked into her mother's mansion.
"Welcome home, miss," one of the maids greeted as she closed the door.

(Y/n) smiled as she turned to her.
"Thanks, Lilian. Is mother in her office?" she asked and Lilian nodded.
"Yes. I believe she's having guests at the moment," Lilian said and (Y/n) nodded.

"Alright. I'll wait for her in my room then. Thanks Lilian," she said and Lilian nodded as she walked away, excusing herself.
(Y/n)'s face once again turned to serious as she started walking away, heading towards her mother's office.

As she walked towards her mother's lab, she came crossed by two foot soldiers who were carrying a large wooden box.
She glanced at them from the corner of her eyes before continuing to walk away.

Once she has made sure, they were out of sight, she sighed heavily and stopped walking.
"The herbs are all here, huh?" she mumbled to herself.

Just then, she received a message in her phone. Wondering who could have texted her, she took out her phone and read it.

She smiled warmly seeing that it was from Leo.

Leo: Morning, princess.

Smiling, she texted back to him before she heard someone talking from down the hallways. Hiding behind the wall nearby, she carefully listened to the voices recognizing them.

"We brought you all the herbs you need. So, we expect the wine to be ready soon, Ms. (L/n)"

No doubt, it was definitely Tigerclaw speaking to her mother.

(Y/n)'s pov,

I frowned when I recognized the voices. Damn it, I didn't think Tigerclaw would come here to here that soon.

Not to mention they found the herbs so fast! All left now is our family scroll and Queen of the Night.

"I assure you that you will get the wine soon. But, please do remember that patience is necessary to make the wine. It needs to be made precisely with each details. One wrong mistake and you'll meet death," I heard my mother said.

I started to get even more worried when it hit me. Tigerclaw will definitely recognize my scent if he sees me.
"You know, this whole thing is kinda totally crazy. An immortal wine? Are you sure you can make it happen, Ms.(L/n)?"

Damn it, is that Bexter Stockman?!
Gosh, of all times!

I bit on my lips, trying to figure out what I should do before I screw things up.

Damn, what do I do? What do I do?
Even if I turn back now, my scent will still remain and Tigerclaw will know it for sure.
Suddenly, Tigerclaw spoke up again, catching my attention.
"Wait. I smell something"

I took a quick glance and saw him sniffing in the air with his eyes closed.
Sh*t! He noticed it!
Just then, I saw Riven, one of the best butlers I knew in the mansion and my best friend was passing by with a bucket in his hand.

I quickly ran to him.
"Hey Riven. Stop. Stop," I quietly said and he looked at me confused.
"Milady, what's wrong?" Riven asked in a whisper, sensing that something was wrong. Luckily, Riven and I knew each other since childhood and he was someone I could trust.

And he was also a brother figure to me.

I shushed him quietly.
"Shh! Do me a favour and give me the bucket. Quick," I said and he looked even more confused.
"Ehh? Wha-??" I cut him off saying I will explain later as I grabbed the heavy bucket from him and quickly poured the reeky disgusting water on myself.