One Step Ahead

"Hmmm..." Donnie hummed to himself as he stared at the screen of his computer, his eyes reading through several websites he's been going through as a research for the unusual sample plants he's brought from the (L/n) Mansion. He picked up one of the plastics bag from the samples and hummed once again as he stared at the unusual leaf inside the bag. "Interesting."

"What's wrong? Did you find anything, Donnie?" April asked, looking up from doing her homework as she glanced in Donnie's way when she heard him mumbled.

"A little. Remember, the samples of the plants we got from the (L/n)'s laboratory?" Donnie said as he started typing on his computer again while April walked up to him, "Yea. What about it?"

"They're all poisonous. Well, not all of them, but they're still poisonous."

"Poisonous???"

"Yep. But if they are going to use them separately, it's not really that poisonous. But if they are used altogether at once, it can be seriously poisonous to the point where there's no cure"

"But I thought Shredder was making an immortal wine."

"I know. That's the part I don't understand either. If they're making a wine of immortality...why would they gather all these plants for? Not to mention that some of these plants have already gone extinct since years ago, but they're still here in the (L/n)'s mansion," Donnie said while April looked at his computer from behind his shoulder. Then, she looked around, not seeing the rest of the gang around them, "Where are the others?"

"Mikey is in the kitchen. Raph is still blowing some steam off with the dummy. He's still upset with (Y/n) being the kunochi who's been helping us. He thinks she's playing us just like Karai did." April frowned slightly at his words. "I am sure (Y/n) had her own reasons. But there's no way she could play us like Karai, that's for sure...What about Leo?" she said and Donnie sighed as he stopped looking at his computer for a while.

"You know how he is, April. He's been harder on himself ever since we left the banquet. He's been going on longer patrols just to see if (Y/n) is around," he said and looked up at the clock to see that it was 7:40 P.M. Just then, Casey walked into the lab with his hands in his pockets. "Hey Don, Red. How come there's no one around in the lair except from you guys?" he asked, making Donnie confused, "What do you mean no one's around?"

"Well, I saw Raph just went into his room to read some magazines, but where's Leo and Mikey? They're not in the dojo either," Casey said, making Donnie and April share a look. "What about in their rooms?" Donnie asked and Casey shrugged. "I peaked into their rooms which was opened and I totally didn't open it at all. No one's there and there's a pizza left unfinished in the living room. I am guessing that Mikey went somewhere in the middle of it," he said and then it hit Donnie. "Hmm...Leo must've gone on a solo patrol again and I think Mikey went after him this time," he said, making April and Casey's eyes widened. "What?! Should we go after them?" April said worriedly, but Donnie shook his head as he picked up his phone and shook it at the two. "Nah, they'll be fine. I am sure Leo will send us a text if they find anything new. They'll come back in any time."

Meanwhile,

It was just another one of those another casual patrolling nights in NYC for (Y/n). People walking on the sidelines, stopping by the stores. People quickly making their way back home to rest after a long day at work. And those lining up for hours to enter the newest bar in town.

(Y/n) stared down at the building, buzzing with all the music and the chattering people from outside as she put her binoculars down just when she heard a light thud behind her back.

"(Y/n)," she heard her partner, Riven, called from behind her. She turned her head towards him with a smile.  "What have you got, Riven?" she asked while the young red haired man walked up to her side. "I looked into that girl called Karai like you asked and I found this," Riven said, handing a yellow file towards (Y/n) as he sat down and looked at the building she was looking at. (Y/n) put down her binoculars and took the file as she started going through it carefully while she listened to Riven report.