:::::Chapter 30:::::

I hear footsteps nearing the pack house. And soon, Alarick enters the pack house followed by Charles and Daniel. When he sees me, he's shocked. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Today, I met Samara, Angelina's grandmother," I tell him. Immediately, all the blood drains from his face. But soon, he recovers. How does he do that?

"Charles and Daniel, leave the pack house," Alarick tells them. Then, he looks at Ciara, "You also." If he's telling Charles and Daniel to leave then it means that they don't know about Samara's visions. Do they even know that Samara has psychic powers?

"Why should they leave the pack house?" I ask. "Even they deserve to know the truth."

"What are you guys talking about?" Charles asks confusingly.

"I'm talking about the day when my pack was attacked by The Silver Moonstone Pack," I tell him.

"What did Samara tell you?" Alarick asks me.

"She told me that she had visions of my pack getting attacked. She also had a vision that her future Luna belonged to my pack. She told you about her visions and you intervened in our battle to save my pack. Now, my question to you is, if you didn't want a mate then why did you save my pack? Why did you save me?" I ask as I cross my arms. He's silent for a while. He's thinking of how to answer my question.

"Guys, what's going on?" Charles asks. When no one responds, he turns to his Alpha and asks him, "Is that the reason why you saved her pack because you knew that your mate belonged to her pack?"

"Alarick, why don't you say something?" Charles tries again.

"Yes, I knew my mate belonged to your pack!" Alarick says to me loudly. "I didn't want a mate but that didn't mean that I would've let the innocent people die! Don't think that I saved your pack because of you!" 

I look at Ciara. "I hope you're satisfied with his answer. I already told you. He doesn't care for me. Let's go." I walk past Alarick and head out of the pack house with Ciara following behind me. I guess she's disappointed that things didn't turn out the way she had hoped for. She had hoped for Alarick to profess his undying love for me. But the opposite happened. Ciara never expected to hear from his mouth that he doesn't care for me.

"How can a werewolf not care for his mate?" She asks as we head towards our pack.

"Well, that's Alarick for you," I say. Before she can go in the direction of her house, I stop her and ask, "Where are you going?"

"To my house," she answers.

I grab her arm and tell her, "You're coming with me to the pack house." I start dragging her towards the pack house.

"Why?" She asks as she tries to release her arm from my grip.

"Because Matt is going to ask a lot of questions and I want someone to answer them for me."

● ● ● ● ●

Charles' Point Of View

After Chriselda and her friend exit our pack house, I turn to Alarick and ask, "I believe you've got some things to tell us."

"I've got nothing to tell you," he says.

"Really?" I ask in a challenging tone. He doesn't respond. His behavior is making me frustrated. "When will you stop hiding things from us?" I ask. "If Chriselda wouldn't have come here then we wouldn't have known about Samara's visions. I didn't even know that she had special powers!" Alarick doesn't say anything to that.

"Alarick, we happen to be your Beta and Gamma," Daniel speaks for the first time. "You had rushed out of the pack house the day Chriselda's pack got attacked without telling us anything. I think you owe an explanation to us. Tell us what happened on that day. We want to know everything. We want to know the truth."

Alarick starts telling us, "When Samara came to our pack house on that day to tell me about her visions, I immediately rushed out of the pack house to save The Night Guardians Pack because I knew whatever Samara saw in her visions would eventually come true."

"How can Samara have visions? She's a werewolf and werewolves don't have special powers," Daniel states.

"She's not an ordinary wolf," Alarick replies. "She's an Alpha-Beta offspring."

"Alpha-Beta offspring?" I ask curiously, prompting him to explain.

"The child of an Alpha and a Beta is called Alpha-Beta Offspring. It's very rare for an Alpha and a Beta to be mates. So, when an Alpha and a Beta who happen to be mates have a child, the child is blessed with some special power. Samara is an Alpha-Beta offspring so she has special powers," he explains.

"So, Samara had visions and she told you. Now, I want to know, did you save The Night Guardians because you knew that your mate belonged to that pack?" I question.

"Yes."

Author's Note: This story was ranked at #99 on 29th March 2015!!! Yeah!