:::::Chapter 2:::::

For a few minutes, we continue to look at each other. I can't believe that the Alpha of the Dawnfall Depths Pack is my mate. The Alpha of the strongest werewolf pack in the world is my mate. I look in his eyes. I can still see his wolf. He quickly blinks his eyes and his wolf vanishes. He hid his wolf from me. But why?

Instead of loving eyes of my mate, I find his cold eyes staring at me. His face holds no emotions. There's not even a hint of happiness on his face. Hasn't he realized that I'm his mate?

He turns to look at his Beta. "What's the situation?" He asks in his firm voice.

"She's the Beta of our neighboring pack, The Night Guardians. She says that a rogue named Tim wants to forcefully mate with her friend and has dragged her in our land. She has come to rescue her friend," the Beta informs.

The Alpha looks back at me. "How does the rogue look like?"

I tell him about Tim's height, hair and clothes.

"It's him," the Alpha says. Does he know Tim?

"Beta Charles, search for the rogue. Take the men along with you," Alpha commands his Beta. Beta Charles nods. The Beta starts walking towards the forest, probably where the pack houses are. The four men who were surrounding me also follow him. I also want to help them in rescuing my friend but I don't think that I'm allowed to do so because the Alpha didn't say that I can go with the Beta. I think that the Alpha doesn't trust me. Now, I am left alone with him.

When he looks at me again, I look at the ground because I can't bring myself to look in his hard eyes. It seems as if he hates me. But what have I done? I can feel his intense gaze on me. It's making me uncomfortable. I want to tell him to stop looking at me but I don't think that he'll listen. After all, he's an Alpha and Alphas never listen to anybody.

"Chris!" I hear a familiar voice shout my name. I turn my head in that direction and see my friend running towards me with tears in her eyes. I also see Tim struggling in the hold of the men. The men drag him to the Alpha.

The Alpha and Tim are now standing face-to-face. The Alpha starts glaring at him which frightens Tim. Tim quietly starts struggling with the silver handcuffs on his wrists but in vain. He won't be able to break away from the silver handcuffs because silver makes werewolves weak.

Ciara engulfs me in a hug. I notice that she's shaking. When I pull away from the hug, I start examining her and look for any bruises on her body but I find none. Relief washes over me. "Thank God you're okay," I say as I hug her again. When we pull away from the hug, I wipe away her dry tears.

"Just because I banished you from my pack doesn't mean that you can force yourself on someone who doesn't belong to my pack. Tim, I warned you that if I find you doing something wrong then I'll kill you," Alpha says in his deadly voice.

Tim starts shaking violently with fear. He joins his hands in a prayer manner as he pleads, "I'm sorry Alpha. I won't do it again."

"That's what you said before," Alpha says.

Ciara and I are shocked when we see the Alpha bringing his hand towards Tim's wrists and breaking the silver handcuffs. How did he break those handcuffs?

Tim would've made a run to escape but Alpha's men were holding him. He tried to break away from their hold but the men were stronger than him. Alpha brings his hand towards Tim's throat and lifts him in the air. Tim starts struggling to free his throat from the Alpha's strong grip. His feet start shaking. He brings his hands and tries to get the Alpha's hand away from his throat but in vain. Within seconds, Tim starts suffocating. He starts taking long breaths trying to breathe in as much air as he can to survive. His face starts to turn blue.

Ciara shakes me, trying to get my attention. "Chriselda, he's going to kill him! Do something! I don't want Tim to die because of me!" She say in her panicking state. I know her very well. She won't like if someone's blood is on her hands. Even if that someone tried to force himself on her twice. She pushes me towards the Alpha. I helplessly stand as I see Tim struggling to breathe.

"Please stop," I plead and at once, the Alpha releases his grip on Tim's throat and Tim falls on the ground with a loud thud. I watch him breathing rapidly, trying to get air in his lungs.

"Lock him in prison cell and make sure that he rots there," the Alpha commands two of his men. Those men nod and then step towards Tim. They lift him up by his arms and start dragging him away. Alpha turns to Beta Charles and the remaining two men, "Escort the Beta and her friend safely to their pack."

Beta Charled and the men nod and Alpha starts walking deep in his forest, probably towards the pack houses without even sparing a glance in my direction. My eyes catch the sight of his burnt hand. His hand must've burnt when he broke those silver handcuffs. When silver comes in contact with the werewolf skin, it burns the skin and also causes unbearable pain. Burns caused by silver take longer to heal. How was the Alpha able to withstand such pain? He didn't even flinch when his hand touched the handcuffs. And he was able to break it. How is that possible?

"Beta Chriselda," Beta Charles calls to my attention. I look at him. He gestures for me and Ciara to walk. We both start walking in the direction of our pack while Beta Charles and his two men follow behind us.

●●●●●

When we reach near our territory, I see Alpha Matthew and other people near the boundary. Alpha Matthew is relieved when he sees me walking towards him. Beta Charles and the two men also follow behind me.

"Alpha Matthew," Beta Charles says as he bows down along with his men in a gesture of greeting.

"Beta Charles," Alpha Matthew nods at him. Then, he turns to face me and asks, "Where were you Beta Chriselda?"

"It's a long story which I intend to tell you in private, Alpha Matthew," I say. He understandingly nods at me.

I turn to Beta Charles and say, "Thank you for escorting us back to our land." He gives me a polite smile. He nods at Alpha Matthew and leaves with his men.

"I'll just accompany Ciara to her house and then I'll meet you in the pack house," I say to the Alpha. He nods.

Ciara and I proceed towards the direction of her house while the other men start towards their respective homes.

●●●●●

After dropping Ciara at her house, I head towards the pack house. The pack house is shared by Alpha Matthew, Gamma Darius and myself. Gamma is the third-in-command. When I knock at the wooden door, Gamma Darius answers. "I didn't find you near the boundary tonight," I say to him.

"Someone had to take care of the pack house," he says and I nod. "Matt was worried about you, you know," he says, using our Alpha's nickname. The Alpha, Gamma and I are so used to each other that we are on first name basis. It's only when we are outside the pack house that we call each other by our titles. According to Matt, it is to maintain professionalism. "He's waiting for you in his study," Darius informs me. "Come." He leads me to Matt's study. We both enter the study and find Matt waiting for us as he stands in front of his desk.

Author's Note: To be honest, I didn't expect to even get a single vote within a week. And to get three votes within 3 days is amazing. So, thank you! :)

Was this chapter interesting? I hope so. An addition to my werewolf story-the presence of a Gamma! Gamma is the third-in-command. In many werewolf stories, only the Alpha and Beta are present. I've come across only one story which mentions the Gamma as the third-in-command. So, I thought to include a Gamma in my story! There is a fun side to him if you'll read further. :)