:::::Chapter 48:::::

Author's Note:  This is the chapter you've all been waiting for! Everything will be revealed. So, please keep yourself calm and composed while reading this chapter.

After a pause, he continues, "My mother belonged to The Silver Moonstone Pack. Years had passed but Mom didn't find her mate. She thought that her mate was dead. So, she decided to settle down with her childhood friend, Richard, who was also mate-less at that time."

"Richard?" I ask.

"Richard was Kurt's father," Alarick replies. I'm left shocked.

"When The Socials were held to introduce Richard as the new Alpha of the Pack, Mom finally came across Dad and she came here with him. After they got to know each other, they married and started a family. I was their first child. After a few years, Anne was born. Everything was going well until Richard kidnapped me and Mom." I gasp.

"I was ten years old back then. Richard's men also helped him with the kidnapping. I don't remember where they took us. I just remember the screams and cries of my mother as Richard assaulted her body. I couldn't do anything to save my mother from that beast," he says with clenched jaws as rage builds up in him.

"I kept struggling in the hold of Richard's men while Richard kept violating my mother. When he was done with my mother, he said that he loved her, that he was heart-broken when she left his pack to start her life with her mate. That bastard was a fucking liar. He didn't love her. If he loved her then he wouldn't have treated her that way. He had a wife and two children for God sake!

"After torturing my mother, Richard started torturing me. Mom constantly pleaded with him to spare my life but he didn't listen. He continued to punch and kick me till every bone in my body was broken. He stopped when I lay motionless on the ground. He thought that I was dead. So, he left with his men. I guess he was done with his revenge.

"I still remember the image of my mother crawling towards me. She was crying. I couldn't even move to wipe her tears. I couldn't even move my lips to tell her not to cry for me. I don't remember much after that for I had lost consciousness.

"When I woke up, my wounds were healed. Dad told me that he knew everything that had happened with me and Mom. I guess Mom must've told him. Dad said that he wanted me to avenge for what was done to me and my mother. So, he trained me. When I was prepared, I killed Richard and his men.

"Mom and I were sent to counseling. Mom returned to normal but not me. I wasn't the cheerful kid that I used to be. That incident changed my life forever. Everyone knows that I killed Richard but only a few people know the reason why I killed him. Everyone was questioning my father about my actions but he didn't tell them the truth. He didn't want our past to haunt us with every look of pity thrown in our way.

"When I was made Alpha, I put more men on the patrol team to guard my territory so that no mother or child gets kidnapped again, that no one has to go through what Mom and I went through.

"Everything was going just the way I wanted until Samara informed me that Kurt is going to attack The Night Guardians Pack to kill my mate. I had immediately rushed to save you and your pack because it was clear that Kurt wanted revenge for what I did to his father. When the battle was over, we put Kurt in the prison."

After pausing, he continues, "The night Kurt escaped from prison was the night I met you. I didn't acknowledge you as my mate because I was afraid that Kurt might try to hurt you. So, I pretended as if I didn't recognize my mate. The next day, you had come to me to talk. When you were asking me questions, all I could think about was holding you in my arms. It took a great amount of self-control for me to not do that. I had to maintain my facade to ensure that you never come across me again.

"So, I tried to hide the truth and kicked you out of my study. I wanted you to stay away from me but my father had other plans. He brought you here to live with us. I had to be rude to you over and over again and it hurt every time. All I wanted to do was protect you and the only way I could do that was by pushing you away from me.

"I thought I was doing pretty well until the day that we kissed. That day, you were able to break through the walls that I built many years ago. I couldn't take the risk of Kurt knowing that you happen to be my mate.

"All I wanted was for you to hate me to the extent that you won't see my face ever again. And that's the reason why I told Samara to manipulate your mind into thinking that our bond is broken."