Chapter 1

I was sent to Hogwart, far away from Azkaban. I was 14 and had spent 13 long years in Azkaban with my mother. My mother was Bellatrix while my father was Voldemort, but nobody knows about that last part. I was given a wand, but knew no magic. That's why I was here, I guess.

"Come on." 'Moody' grunted, leading me roughly by the arm.

   The real Mad-Eye Moody was now locked in a chest in his office while Barty Crouch Jr. was pretending to be him. Crouch drug me into the Great Hall as thunder cracked.

"Damn ceiling." He muttered.

"Hello, Mr. Moody. This must be Miss Lestrange." Dumbledore said.

   A gasp sounded through the room. I could feel the eyes on me and I didn't like it.

"Yes. She will join the fourth years." Crouch grumbled.

"We can sort her now, before the feast begins." Dumbledore said.

   Crouch pushed me forward, causing me to stumble. I shot a hard glare at the asshole before walking up to the stool. The sorting hat was placed on my head.

"Much different from your parents. Hmmm. I think I'll put you in GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled.

   The room was silent. No one clapped. Everyone stared in shock. The hat was removed from my head and I slowly walked towards the Gryffindor table. I sat down at the end, far enough away from everyone else. Dumbledore spoke about some sort of tournament, but I wasn't listening.

   When the food appeared I didn't eat much, mostly picking. Growing up on skimpy meals did that to a person. Professor Mcgonagall walked up to me as the others started to leave.

"I'll show you to the commonroom and to your dorm." She said smiling kindly at me.

   I smiled back, the first smile in 13 years. She lead me through the corridors and told me the password to the commonroom as we walked into the room. She showed me my dorm, which I had all to myself. She left and I got changed into my pajamas before climbing into bed.

   I thought over what had happened today, knowing that I was going to have a hard time making friends thanks to my parents. At least I was here, though. I was going to learn magic. My mother is going to be pissed that I'm in Gryffindor, though.

   I  softly hummed the familiar tune to 'The Hanging Tree'. The tune that my mother used to sing to me as a small child. It's a weird song to use as a lullaby, but it got me to sleep and that's all I needed. I fell asleep, worried about what tomorrow would bring.
~~~
A/N~Please vote and comment, it means a lot to me and encourages me to write more!