Chapter 27

Boarding the Hogwarts Express was both soothing and unsettling at the same time. On one hand, it felt really good to get away from Mrs. Finnigan, who had been begging Seamus not to leave until the moment we stepped onto the train. 

   On the other, it was obvious that some of the other students hadn't been so lucky to come back. Many people thought that Dumbledore was crazy, thanks to the Daily Prophet, and no longer trusted him to protect the students. Others believed him, and Harry, but expected Voldemort to come after the two of them and didn't want their children in the crossfire. 

   We eventually found Dean and Neville in an otherwise empty compartment, reading a paper.

"Hello, boys." I said, sitting across from them.

   The both mumbled a greeting, not looking up.

"What's so interesting that we don't get a proper hello?" I asked, snatching the Daily Prophet from Dean's hands.

   Of course, it was about Dumbledore and Harry. I scanned through the article before handing it back to Dean.

"I can't even imagine how they come up with this bullshit." Seamus said with his chin on my shoulder, having been reading the article from his spot next to me.

"They're going to do anything to keep the truth from getting out, it doesn't matter how stupid their stories sound. Everyone will believe them anyways." Dean spoke up, tossing the paper onto the floor.

"They're going to do something at Hogwarts, to make sure they have control." Neville said.

"I agree. We might have to take over a little bit, to keep them on their toes." I said with a smile.

"I like the way you think, my love." Seamus grinned.

   Believe me when I say we aren't going down without a fight.