Chapter 15

The next day after classes, Mcgonagall invited me to her office.

"Since the Yule Bell is in three weeks, I suppose you will need a gown." She said, smiling.

   I looked at her, a bit confused.

"So, I took it upon myself to have one made for you." Mcgonagall said, pulling a gorgeous gown out of a nearby closet.

"It's beautiful!" I gasped.

"Well, go try it on." She said, ushering me into an adjoined room.

   I laughed, taking the dress and going to get changed. I quickly slipped into the dress, stepping out of the room.

"You look gorgeous. That Finnigan boy is going to faint." Mcgonagall said, a glint in her eye.

   She handed me a pair of shoes, too.

"How do you know my size for this stuff?" I asked, putting on the shoes.

"I have my ways." Mcgonagall said.

"Of course you do."

"You ought to get changed back and get going before those boys have a heartattacke." She said.

"I suppose you're right." I said, walking back to the other room.

   A few minutes later a was walking to the commonroom. I had a garment bag in one hand and another bag with my shoes in the other. When I got back to the dorm, I put both bags in my trunk.

"What's that?" Seamus asked, looking over at me from where he was laying down on his bed, the two of us being the only ones in the room.

"My dress and shoes for the ball, Mcgonagall got them for me." I said.

"Can I see?"

"No"

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because I said so." I replied causing him to groan.

"Do you have a date?" Seamus asked.

"Not yet." I said.

"Do you want to go with me?" He asked, a little nervously.

"Of course." I said, looking up at him.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I said, laughing.