Chapter 5

"Calliope, I am glad to see that you are somewhat settling in." The professor said kindly.

  I smiled before rifling for my parchment and quill.

The boys are really nice.

   I handed her the note and she read it, smiling.

"Good. If they get out of line, I'm sure that you'll be able to handle them." She said, laughing.

   I laughed softly at this.

"If you ever need anything, just tell me. You better get going, I heard that the Finnigan boy is waiting for you outside." She said with a glint in her eye.

   I smiled before collecting my things and walking out of the room. I found Seamus right outside the door, sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall.

"What was that about?" He asked, standing up.

   I shook my head, smiling.

"I'm guessing that it wasn't anything bad." He said.

   I nodded.

"Well, that was our last class, so we do whatever we want until dinner." He said as we walked to the commonroom.

   We dropped our bags off in our dorms before meeting back in the commonroom.

"Do you want to go down to the lake?" Seamus asked as we walked out of the commonroom.

   I nodded my head excitedly, causing him to laugh. We walked to the lake in a comfortable silence. We walked down to the lake and I laid down in the grass, my hair sprawling around me as I closed my eyes. Seamus laughed before laying down next to me. We laid that way for awhile until my oh so dear cousin decided he wanted to be a git and bother us.

"What are you doing, mute?" Draco asked, kicking my foot as he and his cronies laughed.

   I sat up, rolling my eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Seamus glaring at the Slytherins, wand in hand just in case. Draco was about to say something else but was cut off.

"50 points from Slytherin. Go to your commonroom." I voice said from behind me and Seamus.

  I glared at the retreating figures before turning to Mcgonagall who was behind me.

"Thank you, Professor." Seamus said, helping me up off of the ground.

   I smiled at Mcgonagall who smiled back.

"You to better get ready for dinner." She said, before turning back to the castle.

   Me and Seamus headed back to he commonroom. I went up to my dorm as Seamus went to his. I quickly got changed into a more comfortable outfit before heading down to the commonroom where Seamus was waiting.