Chapter 23

When we got to the Finnigan's, Seamus lead me upstairs to the guestroom. I looked around excitedly while Seamus just laid down on the bed, watching me with an amused smile. 

"This is the cleanest this room has been for as long as I can remember. We usually just throw a bunch of random stuff in here to get it out of the way." Seamus said, yawning, as I shoved my trunk under the bed.

"Did you get any sleep on the train?" I asked with a smile, as I layed down next to him.

"Nah, I was too busy for that." Seamus said.

"Mhm. Too busy talking with your friends, who you have been hanging out with for the whole school year, might I add." I sassed, resting my head on his shoulder as we stared up at the ceiling. 

"In my defense, I won't see them for three months." He tried to reason.

"Three months my arse, I heard you talking to Dean and Neville about having them come over next week." I stated, looking up at him.

   We were interrupted by Mrs. Finnigan yelling that dinner was ready.

"We better get down there." Seamus said, getting up.

   I groaned, covering my eyes with my arm.

"Come on, Calli." Seamus urged, but knew it was of no use. When I didn't move, he sighed. He pulled me upright before throwing me over his shoulder. Thank Merlin I had decided to wear trousers instead of a skirt. 

"Seamus! Put me down!" I demanded, hanging upside down as he walked out of the room and down the stairs.

"I'm good, I quite enjoy the view." Seamus said teasingly, swatting my arse.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, but I couldn't hold back a laugh.

   When we got to the kitchen, Seamus set me down.

"Seamus, that's no way to treat our guest." Mrs. Finnigan scolded.

"She's my girlfriend, Mam, she's used to having to put up with me." He said, pulling out my chair for me before setting himself down in the chair next to me. I rolled my eyes at his statement, kissing him on the cheek.

"So, which side did Seamus get his pyrotechnic abilities from?" I asked, laughing when Mr. and Mrs. Finnigan pointed at each other.