Chapter 11

The next few weeks went by smoothly and today was the day of the first task. Mcgonagall has been helping me talk, although I haven't yet since I'm still not used to it. It was weird. I haven't been able to talk my whole life and then I do a little bit of therapy and I can now. The others don't know, yet. Back to the task. I was worried for the champions. What if something bad happened?

   I walked with Ron, Neville, Dean, Hermione, and Seamus to where they would be holding the first task. We sat down somewhere, I have no idea where since I wasn't paying attention until Dumbledore's voice sounded through the stands. We watched the champions fight dragons. Yes, dragons. Who thought of this? Someone's going to get killed!

   Eventually, it was Harry's turn. He was doing fairly well, until he flew out of the arena on his broom. The dragon broke its chain, flying after him. They both disappeared out of sight. We all waited anxiously. Eventually, we saw Harry coming back. He snatched the golden rock-or was it an egg-and landed safely, thank Merlin.

   When the task was over, we all went back to the commonroom. The Weasley twins had carried Harry on their shoulders, saying how they knew he would live and all that crap. I was walking behind with the others, like before.

"I suppose he would have to be insane to put his name in." Ron grumbled, and the others agreed.

"No shit." I said rolling my eyes.

   Everybody looked at me wide eyed.

"You can talk?" Ron asked.

"Mcgonagall's been helping me." I said, shrugging.

"Oh, great. Now she can sass us out loud." Seamus said jokingly as he put an arm around my shoulder.