Chapter 1

Izuku POV

A promise.

What is that?

Promises are something that can never be broken, a vow to never, under any circumstances go back on their words. Although, if it were an arrangement, that'd be a different story. It's much more organized, and can be fouled from any outside situations.

That's what I'm told at least. I've never seen the difference between them until I met those kinds of people. They showed me how much it's different between a promise and an arrangement.

In the book, there are two families who hate each other for whatever reason. One of their members from both sides of the family fell in love and died. So tragic, but yet so amazing. I admired how they would do anything to be together no matter what was to come and ignore their family's ideals.

It was a cool summer day, it's already the evening. The cool breeze rushes through my hair as I close the book in my hand and set it aside. When was the last time I went outside of the castle? I'm not sure, but I think it's time for me and my sister to-. Rustling from the bushes could be heard from the balcony, my head turned to the left to where the sound came from and spotted two birds fly out of there and landed on the rail of the balcony.

Nuzzling next to each other facing the other way. Damn, I'm jealous. Those birds are making me feel lonely. I grabbed my book and went into my room, taking one last glimpse of the starry night. I could see the birds have flown off to wherever they go, lucky them.

My hand reached to where my chest is and covered a ring necklace I was wearing. I wish I had someone to love, but it's not likely to happen when I'm a prince. Having to learn everyday, and barely seeing the outside world. My only knowledge of it is the kingdoms I visit and the books I read. True, I have been to the village, but that's as far as I can go.

"Your highness." Huh? What is it now? I turned my attention away from the stars and to one of the servants.

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"Your father requests for you to be in the throne room. It's an urgent matter that you hear this."

"I'll be there right away," I said. He gave me a slight nod and left the room. I wonder what father wants this time... Ever since my mom died due to an illness, he's been more strict. She was always kind to the people of the kingdom, and he blames them for spreading their diseases to her. It wasn't their fault, he's just so blind to see that.

I exited out the room and the servant stopped leaning on the wall. "Okay. I'm ready." The servant just nods his head. In this castle, no one's allowed to associate with me or my sister, unless they acknowledge us or tell us to pay attention that would be a different story. They only are allowed to talk to my father when they're given orders. I tried talking to them, but they refused to do so because of my father.

My father... should I even call him that? Even when in reality he's just some filthy pig of an asshole. If I were running the kingdom, things would be different. I would treat the villagers with proper medical care and make sure everyone is safe and know that they can be protected as long as I'm here.

"Your highness," I was brought back to reality when someone said something. "We're here."

"Oh.. thank you." The servant walked away with worry in his eyes. Those eyes can only tell me that this wouldn't be something I want to discuss. There's no point in going back. The door opened slightly for me and I walked in the throne room. The sound of my footsteps echoing the place.

There he is. My father with a cup of wine in his hand, he took one last sip of it and shoved it to the maid. My feet stopped at a place where I could hear my father. Not too far nor too close. We looked at each other with annoyance, nothing but staring at a man who had tried to isolate me from the world.