Chapter 15

Third POV

Cricket noises could be heard all around as everyone was still sitting around the fire. Taking in on Iida's theory of his apprentice, Shoto as the traitor. Shoto just gave everyone a confused look, not responding to Iida's question.

He just laughed it off over Iida's thoughts, "Seriously? What gave you that idea? You must've been thinking too much about this."

"You do realize this, don't you? All of the clues point to you and no one else. I had a plan all along since day one. The only person I told my plan to was Bakugo. And that was at my workshop. No one else was there. The only people who were there were me, him, and lastly you, after you ran a few errands for me." He explained to Shoto.

"This is crazy! You can't be serious and think he's the traitor!?"Jiro said in denial, she turned to Shoto with a panicking expression on her face, "Right, Shoto?"

"Yeah, Iida's just making assumptions! If you were the traitor, you would tell us, right?" Kaminari nervously asked as he anxiously waited for Shoto's answer.

But all he could do was look down at the fire, not wanting to answer their questions. Even if he said something, it wouldn't have mattered either way. He leaned back on the tree and covered his eyes with his right arm and grinned. For some reason he started chuckling, then the chuckling turned to laughter.

He lowered his arm down as he finally made eye contact with the others. "I thought I played the part so well. Never expected the doctor to figure it out."

"So, you admit you're the traitor?" Kirishima questioned him as he scratched the back of his ear.

Shoto held his hands out like he was playing innocent, "Guilty as charged."

"But why?! Why would you betray us? What did we even do to you that made you do this?!" Mina angrily exclaimed as she was about to go over to him, but Kirishima stopped her from doing so.

"It's none of your concern for that matter," his eyes looked over at Iida, who was still looking at him seriously, "Since you knew for a while, I'm curious how you figured out it was me. I'm even surprised."

Iida rolled his eyes as he sat up straight and looked at Shoto. "One thing for sure, it was the way you talked about our situation about the traitor. When we discovered there was a traitor among us, everyone started arguing over who it was. You said, 'This is getting kind of outta hand, Iida.' That's exactly what the traitor would want in the first place."

"Hm... I should've been more car-."

"I'm not finished," he interrupted him and continued to talk about his explanation, "You were also the one who didn't accuse anyone until today. For some reason, you were uneasy about Kirishima and accused him of being the traitor. I'll admit, you were just trying to play the innocent role. That way no one would think it would be you in the first place."

"What can I say, who would suspect someone who's learning the basics from my mentor," he grinned and winked at him as he pushed some of his hair out of his face with his hand.

"Glad we're both on the same page. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a question about all of this."

"Doesn't matter to me, I'm sure you want to know all about Monoma's plans."

"Alright, my first question is, how long have you been working for Monoma?"

"Hmm... for as long as I could remember. I've been working for him since I was a pre teen!" Iida was taken aback by his response, but kept his cool. Although the others were...

"So this whole time, this entire time, we meant nothing to you?!"

"I didn't say that! When did I even say that you guys didn't matter to me?!"