Chapter 8

Izuku POV

The man on the roof looked down on me with the pouch of money in his hand. He kept playing with it by throwing it straight in the air by a little bit and back in his hand. His hand threw the pouch in the air and whipped his arm to the right as he caught it. "What's a little fancy two shoes doing around in this part of the woods?"

I rolled my eyes and walked around the unconscious body and slowly walked towards the building, "I can't get a better look at you, can you please come down here?" I pleaded. He scoffed and walked down the roof and stepped on a crate and another one that led him to the ground.

"Better, your highness?" He grinned and bowed to the prince.

"Please, no formalities. I actually quite think it's unnecessary. My name is Izuku Yaoyorozu."

"I know who you are." Huh? He looked back at me and cocked his eyebrow, "You seriously do have a bad memory. We met last night at a party. Does it ring any bells?"

There's no way I remember h-. Hold on. He said he was at the ball last night, right? But, when did I last talk to this guy? I've just met him and all, he must be tricking me and walk out with the money I have in that pouch. Come on, think! If he said we talked to one another last night... wait a minute!

"I recognize that voice..." my voice muttered out.

"Do you now?" He teasingly said and looked back at me. I'm sure this was the same person that was at the ball.

"You were the masked stranger. Weren't you? That must mean you were responsible for the blackout!"

"Bin! Go!," he singsonged while his fingers were playing the tune from his voice. "Although, we never intended on stealing the necklace your sister was wearing."

"What do you mean by 'we'? This was all your doing. I'm guessing your whole facade was so you could keep me distracted."

"I mean, my group and I steal from the Monoma's. They don't know what prince Izuku Yaoyorozu looks like, and I think that could be an advantage for us." He smirked and threw the pouch of money for me to catch.

"Why should I trust you, masked stranger? What's in it for me?"

The stranger shrugged his shoulders and took my hand in his, "That's what I want to talk about. How about you and I make an arrangement?"

"Hah? You expect me to trust someone who's nothing bu-" I was interrupted by him when his hand made a little gesture to stop me from talking.

"I'd rather you not finish that sentence. I don't go after money like that Robin guy. My group and I only steal food, and people's belongings. So don't even compare us to them in those story books!" He cleared his throat, "First off, my name is Katsuki Bakugo. I lead the Resistance, and what we do is we steal from the Monoma's in order for the villagers to survive from this cruel world."

"So, you've lived here your whole life? I'm sorry if it's too personal, but what happened 18 years ago when the village came like this?"

"Hm? 18 years ago?" Bakugo snickered at my question, "I honestly have no idea where you got 18 years. This dump has always been this way. For so many generations, the Monoma's have always looked down on us for as long as I can remember."

"You mean, this has been going on for that many generations?"

"Indeed. That's why I started this Resistance. I want you to join me, now I know what you're thinking. 'What's in it for me?'. Well, from what I heard you do hate Monoma. Am I wrong?"

"Um... yes I suppose..."

"And you have access to the entire palace than all of the servants. We plan on running away and expose what the prince has been hiding from his parents. Afterwards, we're going to run away from this place as far away as possible."