Chapter 12

Izuku POV

It's been about three weeks since I told my friends about where I was that day. They agreed to help me to sneak out of the castle whenever I needed to. Though, whenever I come over to their hideout, they seemed a bit off. Like, they talk to me like a normal person, even if they never found out I was a prince with the hood I keep over my head. But... at times they looked like they've been keeping something from me.

I wonder why...

"Oi! You're not gonna improve if you keep staring off into space!" Bakugo blurted out and I left my train of thought.

"S-Sorry! It's just you're not making things easy!"

"Eh?? And you think I'm supposed to make things easier for you just because you're a prince? Not happening." He grinned at me as he dodged my attack.

Bakugo wanted to take me to the forest to help me build up my mobility, so far it's not going well. My goal is if I'm able to touch Bakugo I win the game, but if I fail I would get a punch from somewhere on my body. How am I able to catch him?!

"Well? Come on, is that all you got?" He asked cockily as he dodged me again. Dammit! I suddenly felt an impact on my spine and felt my arm being pulled. "How long have you been practicing? It's only been three weeks and I see no development!"

"That's... ngh! Because.. I have a busy... mm.. schedule!"

"Still... that's not a good excuse," I felt him let go of my arm and the weight has been left on my back. I groaned from the impact and got myself up and laid next to a tree. Panting from all the training we've done, I grew tired from fighting him. "Heh. It's only been ten minutes, and you're tired already?"

"Not my fault I've been in a castle all my life. I tried to get as much training as I could without my father noticing. Apparently, your method of training is quite different than back at home." Ouch! How am I going to explain this new injury I received?

Footsteps could be heard and I see Bakugo handing me a canteen of water. I smiled at him as I took the canteen from his hands and opened it to take a drink. "You wanna head back to Four eyes place to help get you patched up? It'd be easier than going to the palace and having your sister fix you up."

"As much as I would, it wouldn't be right. Besides, he has other things to worry about, right?" I stopped drinking the water and handed it back to him.

"And what are those other things is he dealing with? Hm..?"

"Can't say. That information is classified and it's best if you don't get involved," he replied as he helped me get off the ground, he accidentally pulled me up and I landed on his chest. I immediately pushed myself away from him.

"S-Sorry! I didn't mean too! It was an accident!"

"Tch. Don't go apologizing, it's really annoying." He said and scrapped the wrinkles off his sleeves. "If you say sorry again, I'm gonna smack you across the face. Got it?"

"Erm! Yes Bakugo! I'm so-! I mean, I won't do it again." Nice save Izuku, nice save. Rustling could be heard, and I see him walking away from me. I tilted my head a little bit to the right as I watched him leaving me. He then stops and gives me a quick glance.

"Come on, I wanna show you something," he said and continued to walk. My feet moved on their own and I quickened my pace until I was next to Bakugo. I felt something touch my hand and looked down to see his hand grab mine. "Stay close, it's likely you could get lost in these woods."

"...yeah, sure." We continued walking next to each other as we still went on this dirt path. Having to climb over rocks, walk across a river with a rock path, moving bush branches aside, why are there so many obstacles...