Bonus Chapter 5

Third POV

Kirishima panted out of breath, but all he could see from Kaminari was a shocking look. He processed on what he just said about Bakugo and immediately covered his mouth.

Kaminari stared at him with wide eyes and backed away little by little. "What are you talking about? I must've been hearing things. Because, you did not just say that you didn't want me to end up like Bakugo." He turned his head towards Iida. "Doctor, help me out here!"

"R-Right. You have to be joking. Bakugo wouldn't stoop that low, would he?" He asked Kirishima and his voice almost cracked when he asked him that.

Kirishima dropped his hands away from his mouth and then shook his head yes, "Back when we were all leaving, I went to look out for him before we left. I didn't find him by Prince Yaoyorozu's grave, so I went to ask someone if they've seen him..."

"No..."

"And he pointed to where he was heading and when I got..." he sniffled, "... there, he was about to put the rope around his neck. I tried to walk towards him, but that made it even worse as he put the rope around his neck and started climbing up on the tree with the rope."

"Liar."

"He said that the prince promised him they would be together forever. Despite my protests, he still refused to climb down. And when he said my real name for the first time, I knew he was serious. All I could do was run away and let him have what he wants." He finally finished.

The entire room was silent after Kirishima told his story of what happened to Bakugo. Iida, still in shock gave him a guilty look, but Kaminari on the other hand kept his head held down. Kaminari took a deep breath and walked up to Kirishima. He took notice of what he was doing until he stopped.

Slap! Kaminari whipped his hand across his friend's face and until he gave him a chance to look back at him, he grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Why didn't you stop him?!"

"Hey! Kaminari, that's enough!" Iida hurriedly sat up and rushed to Kirishima's aid.

"No it's not! He's been lying to us about everything! He's been hiding the fact that Bakugo hanged himself just for some guy! We could've stopped him, but he could care less and let his best friend die!!" He shouted from the top of his lungs and used his strength to slam Kirishima on the wall.

"Stop that! You're gonna get us caught!" Iida intervened and got in between the two of them by pushing them away from each other. Acting as if he was a wall between them. "I'm just as upset as you are. But, you need to think about why he did it and why he didn't tell us. I'm sure there has to be a good reason."

"And if there isn't?"

"Then do what you want with him after we win the war." He offered and walked away from the two of them to work things out. Iida took out a piece of paper and wrote something down on it while he walked to a spot for him to sit down. "Go ahead, talk while we still have a chance."

"I'll go first," Kirishima stepped up.

"No, I'll go. I have much more to say and ask than you do." Kaminari stepped in and began to speak. "Why didn't you do anything? You could've saved him from death, we could've helped him through it. So tell me, why didn't you stop him?"

Kirishima's eyes softened while he looked at the ground as if he was about to cry. "Remember that oath when one of us goes down, we all go down with them? I was afraid if you guys all found out, you would've also taken your lives to an end. It wouldn't even matter if we stop him, because he would still do it either way."

"What..."

"Yes, you heard me right. He would do anything to die. He would've taken his own life at home, drowned in the ocean, and even hanged himself. But, he chose to die there because he wanted to be buried next to him. It's like I said, 'I can't lose anymore friends than I already have.'" He gave off a little smile to him while rubbing the back of his neck.