Chapter 13

Third POV

The first month had already passed, and now, it's the first half of the second month before the wedding. Meaning there's only two months left to make preparations. The fitting for their attire for the wedding has already been made. The invitations have been sent for kingdoms from other places and are already traveling on boats and ships.

While every servant and maid have been getting the castle ready for their guests to arrive, the whole village has been tasked to make the place look presentable. Those orders were made by Monoma himself, because for some reason, he didn't want his shining white carriage to get ruined by the mud.

Men are the ones doing the hard labor, while the women and children have been given the chance to make baked goods for the wedding. Everyone wished they could get out of this, but he also announced this as a way to pay off their debts. Everything is going okay, but others have jobs to do.

"Hey! Herbalist, open up!" A guard was banging on the door, but stopped when he felt movement on the door. The herbalist, named Iida, opened the door.

"May I help you?"

"We've ordered all men to start cleaning the place up for Monoma's guests. May I ask why you're not helping?"

"Because I already did my part. Now, is there anything else you need?"

"Um... if you don't mind. I got this really bad rash on my leg, do you have anything that can help?" He asked timidly. Iida sighed and let one of the guards in. The other one was about to follow, but he stopped him from doing so.

"Sorry, but I only let patients in, and you sir, are no patient. This will only take a minute." He said as he closed the door on him. Iida pushed his glasses up a bit. "Alright, I need to see this rash."

The guard nodded his head and sat down on the chair and rolled the cuffs of his pants on one of their legs. He examined the rash a little bit and looked up at the man. "Is it that bad?"

"That depends. When did the rash appear?"

"Uh... I believe it was two days ago when I was out training with the boys, and afterwards I lightly bumped into a wall with vines on it. I guess I didn't realize what it was until now. Heh."

"I thought that might be it. Let me head to the shelf, I have something that could help you." Iida got off his chair and walked over to a shelf of jars full of flowers and herbs. He's basically the town's doctor whenever someone's sick. Though, his medicine helps keep people's illnesses temporarily. If he were to use different plants, they would have to be somewhere outside of the kingdom.

Monoma made an exception for him because he was a doctor that was good with herbs, or just a herbalist. Iida does have to have limited things he needs on his list with an allowance from the prince. Specifically, he can only get one thing from out of Monoma's kingdom once a month and would have to wait until the next one.

Iida skimmed through the shelf and he put the items in alphabetical order, until his finger stopped around the 'j' word. "That's good." His hand grabbed the jar from the shelf and took out a few of the flowers from it. He put them in a mortar and crushed it with the little wooden tool he's using. The guard looked over at what he was doing and frantically looked at him.

"Wh-What are you doing with those?"

"These are jewel weeds. These plants are great against poison ivy and are safe to use on the skin." He implied as he finished up and poured it in an empty jar. After it was all in, he wrote it down on some paper and labeled it as 'Poison Ivy Be Gone'. With the jar in his hand, he handed it to the guard in the chair. "I turned the flowers into some juice. I recommend for you to use as little as possible for wherever the rash is. You'll recover within three to four days."