Chapter 14

Izuku POV

Monoma's hands let go of one another and laid back on the desk. "Well I'm waiting. I've got other things to do." He rolled his eyes and gave me an annoyed look on his face.

How? How did he know?! Did someone ratted me out? No, if I was ratted out, then we would've been caught either way. A door creaking open could be heard behind me, and I looked back to see my sister looking at us confusedly.

"Um, what's going on here? And why is it so dark in this room, at least let some sunlight in." Momo? What is she doing here? She sighed as she made her way over to the windows and opened the drapes. "There. That's much better!"

"Monoma, what is going on?! What's this whole thing about a Resistance?"

"Tell him, honey~. Tell him about where you actually were instead of planning for our wedding." He smiled smugly at me. Dammit Monoma!

Momo went pale when he mentioned the resistance. When she finished up, Momo nervously walked away as I was in the middle of a conversation. But, the door was then shut in front of her. "Uh... right I forgot you wanted to see-".

"Just sit down and watch princess," he ordered with a furious tone at her. Momo looked around and found a couch she could sit on. "I just want you to sit and watch as it unfolds."

"Izuku, I will not ask you again. What does Monoma mean by Resistance?"

"Nighteye, I can explain this! They're a group of people who are just trying to help the villagers from starvation. They're good people, honest!"

"Good people?" Monoma spoke up. "Good people! You think the people in that group are good people?!" He started cackling at what I said and wiped a tiny tear from his eye from laughing. "They're nothing but heartless thieves. I mean, they steal money from me all the time."

"You've been associating with thieves?!"

"No! Nighteye, it's not like that!" He looked at me with rage in his eyes.

"How could you lie about sneaking out of the castle to hang out with a bunch of ruthless thieves?! I thought you could trust me!"

"I do trust you! But, if I tell you, you wouldn't let me go either way! I sometimes feel like I'm a bird living inside a cage and I yearn to be let out and be free." I admitted to him as I walked away from him and went to my sister. I don't care if Monoma is near me, I just want to protect my sister and be there for her. "I hope you're happy with how it turned out, Monoma."

"Mmm... not really. You didn't entirely tell the truth," he said as he put some sugar in his tea and stirred it with the little mixing spoon in his hand. He finishes stirring the tea and sets it down aside as he takes a sip of it and puts the tea cup back down. "Now that we're all calm down, tell Nighteye the truth."

"Do I have to?"

"The sooner you let it out, the better."

I looked back at Nighteye with a guilty look on my face as I let out a deep breath and stayed calm. "The truth is I have been sneaking out of the castle with the resistance. But, they're not like what people think. All they're doing is trying to provide food for everyone to live out in the village. I don't know why, but if Monoma and I arrange something where we hand out food, I'm sure it'll be alright."

"Izuku would never want to steal money. I can tell you this because whenever we have extra food, we hand it out to the people who can't afford the high quality food. I mean, do you have any idea how much extra food we ha-?!"

"I think he gets it, Momo." Her mouth was agape, but she closed it off and nodded her head. "But, that wasn't the only reason why I would sneak out of the castle."