Chapter 17

Adrian was busy on his phone while I stared at the food in front of me

Adrian was busy on his phone while I stared at the food in front of me. If I'm being honest, I just had no appetite tonight. Not knowing what else to do, I grabbed the spoon and continued stirring the soup.

"Sir, Mr.Riccardo is here to see you," Cassandra came and informed Adrian.

Before dismissing her, Adrian gave her an annoyed look. "Tell him to meet me here,"

"Yes, sir," she immediately went away.

Who is Riccardo? Though I thought little of it, I decided to try some of the soup I had been stirring for five minutes.

Hm, Not bad.

It seems that a lot of my thoughts lately have been focused on whether this will be my life forever. It's probably time to start planning something if I want to escape this hell hole. Who the fuck escapes the mafia alive Valentina?

Argh. All of this gives me a headache.

"Adriannnn!!" a voice squealed, almost hurting my ears.

When I turn around I see a girl running towards Adrian. The gorgeous brunette girl wore a black halter dress. Her thick brown hair was in a high ponytail, beautifully styled. She was tall, like a model.

The girl threw herself at Adrian with her arms around his neck. A roll of the eyes was the only response from Adrian as he pushed her away.

"There you are Adrian," a man walked into the dining room, he looked like he was in his forties. As he looked at the girl and Adrian, he was smiling brightly.

Who are they? Is she Adrian's girlfriend?

"There you are boy, we have some business to discuss," the man said.

I was still sitting down when he turned his attention to me. "Valentina, it's finally nice to meet you," he said, giving me his hand.

How the hell did he know my name?

I stood up and shook his hand, "Uhm yes, nice to meet you too,"

"Riccardo," he introduced himself. I nodded my head and gave him a small smile.

Adrian was watching Riccardo and me carefully. 

"You allow your maids to eat dinner with you and dress like that now?" she looked at me with disgust before turning to Adrian.

Oh, this bitch.

My eyes grew wide, "Excuse me?" I asked.

Riccardo tried to speak up when Adrian cut him off. "Actually Isabel, she's not a ma-"

"If you came to talk about business why did you bring her?" Adrian asked annoyed.

I hardly thought anything of her but now she's getting on my nerves. No wonder Adrian looks at her annoyed all the time. Her voice was so irritating that I wanted to sew her mouth shut, and she's only spoken twenty words at most.

Wearing this outfit in front of Adrian's guests made me feel a little exposed, but Riccardo didn't seem to mind, other than Isabel.

"Isabel hasn't seen you in a while, she wanted to come along," Riccardo shrugged. She suddenly stared at me and I became uncomfortable.

"Let's go to my office, " Adrian told Riccardo before heading out the room. Isabel was quick to follow him when Adrian stopped and turned to face her.

"Not you, you're staying here," he ordered before leaving with Riccardo.

The way Adrian treats her, I doubt she's his girlfriend. Unless he's just an asshole.

We stood there awkwardly. Did he really have to leave me with her?

"Why are you wearing that," she asked breaking the silence and looked at me up and down.

"Because I can," I said sternly. I just met her and already hate this bitch.

"Those clothes are for girls who actually have a body," she said.

Is this girl like five years old?

"Well good thing you're not the one wearing them," I told her, sitting back down.

"Are you Adrian's whore? Just know he throws women away like trash, you can go now," she scowled before sitting down in front of me.

I looked up at her and rolled my eyes. "I'm not his fucking whore, Ma posso sicuramente vederti come uno " I muttered the last part in Italian.

[But I can definitely see you as one]

Her eyes grew wide from my comment. "I'm Italian you bitch, non sei nessuno che mi chiami puttana," she seethed.

[You're no one to call me a whore]

Oh god. The girl didn't have an Italian accent nor did she even look Italian. Maybe it's all the plastic surgery. I shrugged my shoulders and stood up with the soup in my hand.

I ignored her and walked into the kitchen and placed the bowl on the sink. Cassandra immediately came up to me, "Ah ah you're not doing the dishes," she shook her head.

"But-"

"No, it's my job, don't worry about it," she gave me a smile before nudging me to go away,

I smiled back at her and went back to the dining room only to see the fake bitch again.

"Adrian, I can't believe she just called me a whore," she whined, walking towards Adrian who has just entered the room. Riccardo came to her side and held her arm.

I laughed, "You can't be that petty,"

I can't be bothered with this stupid bitch.

"Alright, we're done, let's go, Isabel," Riccardo smiled at me before dragging her away. Yeah, definitely a child.

Adrian didn't say goodbye or anything and left the room without acknowledging me. What's wrong with him?

I decided to leave and go upstairs to my room.

Finally arriving, I opened the door and closed it behind me. Jumping into my bed, I took in its comfort.

Now to plan my ultimate escape. I must sound so stupid right now. Who runs away from the mafia and ends up alive? How can I get away from Adrian without actually being killed? He has threatened me before and I can see what a man like that is capable of. People like him are capable of many bad and cruel things.

I lift myself up and sit against the headboard, sighing. I grab a blanket and threw it over me while taking the pillow beside me, cuddling it.

I miss my father.

After seeing my mother, I couldn't concentrate or think properly. I wanted answers to all my questions. I wanted to talk to her. Why the mafia?

From the looks of it, she didn't seem too happy with that Givanni guy she married. What if she never meant to leave us?

She left so suddenly without telling me and dad anything. Maybe she can help me escape. I just want my old life back. I can't stay with Adrian any longer, he's dangerous.

Dangerously sexy.

I shook my head and slid down, laying down on the bed. Regardless of whether I get myself killed or not, I will escape from this stupid compound.