Heat

Pieck was getting ready to go to headquarters

Pieck was getting ready to go to headquarters. Today she decided to wear pants instead of her loose skirt. She tucked in her long sleeves blouse in her pants. The pants showed off her curvy and voluptuous butt. She looked in the mirror. "Perhaps the pants is too tight." She thought.

"Pieck, you have a visitor." Her mom told her as she went downstairs.

"Who is it?" She asked as she grabbed her satchel.

"He's tall and handsome. He seems to be a soldier. I have never seen him before." Her mom said.

She recognized Jean's broad shoulders from the window. She does not have to see his face to know it's him. She opened the door. Jean was stunned to see her. His cheeks turned red. She saw the bouquet of yellow flowers in his hand. Jean hid it on his back while she pretended not to see it, so not to embarrass him. She almost laughed.

"Jean, you're well. It's nice to see you." Pieck said casually and gave him a bright smile. Jean still couldn't speak and even avoided her gaze.

"Are those for me?" She asked pointing at the bouquet.

"Ah. Yes." He handed it to her and scratched his head, still he didn't look at her in the eye.

"Thanks. This is my first time to receive anything from someone. What brought you here?" Pieck asked as she touch the the petals with her fingertips.

"I was looking for you. For the days that I'm finally awake, you are no longer in the hospital." Jean said finally looking at her. He drew a little closer to her. Pieck stepped back.

"The military called me. We needed to start rehabilitating this place after rumbling. A lot of places were destroyed. They needed my help." Pieck said cheerfully just as though no destruction happened in Marley. He remained silent but clearly wanted to say something.

She turned to him and inquired, "Why were you looking for me? There were nurses to help you." Pieck wanted to know the reason of his visit. Could this mean that he is really into me? She pondered.

Jean's cheeks turned red. Pieck wonders in her head. "He's so tough in the battle field but couldn't even speak to me. Is it because of what happened before rumbling? He's uncomfortable to be near me?" She thought.

"I am happy whenever I see you." He sighed. Finally verbalizing how he felt towards her. "I also want to thank you for taking care of me the whole time I was asleep."

Out of the blue, Jean suddenly asked, "Did you look at my body while I was sleeping?" He said to crack the atmosphere between them but then regretted it as he realized it is wrong to inquire of such things for this might insult her.