Letters

Pieck hurriedly rode a horse and set out to the orphanage. She wants to know what's going on—why he left without even telling her. She reached the orphanage and left the horse in a nearby cottage. She walked towards the orphanage quietly so that she'll be able to spy because spying use to be her thing.

She quietly looked inside of the orphanage through the window. There are so many little children in one room playing and running around. The place seemed chaotic. Then she spotted Jean, sitting on a table carrying a little boy who's about 3 years old in his arms. The boy seemed to be comfortable with him—chuckling whenever he teases and tickles him.

Mikasa came holding a cake and sang a happy birthday song to the boy. All the children gather on the table and are merrily singing. Mikasa sat beside Jean. From time to time, she would glance at Jean and would give him a warm smile.

"Oh great, what a happy family." Pieck thought as jealousy consumes her.

She couldn't stand watching the scene and left the orphanage. She rode the horse and swiftly went to Jean's house. As soon as she reached her bedroom, she grabbed her luggage and packed all her things.

She left a note for Jean:

Dear Jean,

I'm leaving. I don't want to stand in the way of finding your true love.

Who knows Mikasa is probably falling for you too. Please forget about me and what happened between us.

Sincerely,

Pieck

She took out Mikasa's portrait and scrunchie and places the note on top of them.

"Oh, Ambassador, this is so sudden." One servant uttered as soon as she went down to wait for the coachman.

"I really need to go. There's an emergency in the head quarters. Tell that to the coachman."

Her decision is so abrupt and is done on an impulse. She has not thought it through but she's just terribly angry at Jean. "I have to make up an excuse to Armin. I have to tell him why I need an apartment."

Armin is surprised to see Pieck with all her luggage. He stood as soon as he saw her, "Pieck, what happened? What's with all the bags?"

"Prime Minister, I'd like to request for an apartment near our office." She said with her head bent low, not meeting Armin's eyes."

"Why is this so sudden? Did something happen between you and Jean?" He said.

"A lot has happened between us, especially when we're alone." She thought but of course she couldn't give that answer.

"No, nothing happened. In fact I am indebted to him for letting me stay in his beautiful home. You see, I request this out of convenience. His house is far away from our office that's why working becomes difficult. I realized that I need to focus on drafting the agreement for the negotiation, so I want to stay close to our office." She sighed after giving her reason.

"I understand. You can stay at the apartment just across the office." Armin stated.

"Thank you Prime Minister, may I also request for a doorman at my apartment and soldiers to guard the door of my office?" She said.