Wedding Night

This chapter has sexual content.                

  It's been few weeks since Pieck last saw Jean. This would be the first time she would see him again after the encounter they had in her office. The words that Jean said to her still resounds in her head, "Do you even love me?" It kept playing over and over in her head making her feel guilty and at the same time stupid for not letting him know how she feels for him.

She thought, Armin and Annie's wedding would be a great time to finally say the words he wanted to hear. As she put on her make-up, she began being excited on seeing Jean. She missed him terribly. She wanted to see him, to thank him for what he had done to save her parents, but she haven't muster the courage to do so. "I'll thank him today." She thought.

Wearing a red fitted dress that highlights every curve of her body, she entered the hall where the wedding ceremony will be held. She swallowed, feeling nervous but eager to find Jean. But he's not yet inside.

A soldier approached her and told her where to sit. Every guest has a designated seat and it turns out she will be sitting on the side of the dignitaries. She's surprised to see Levi who's seated next to her.

"Hi Heichou." She greeted him and sat down.

"Well, you look great." He coldly said. Even though he's saying something good, it doesn't sound great coming from him.

"Thanks." She silently sat.

Slowly, the hall was already filled with people. Her agitation grew realizing that Jean might come in any time soon. She felt uncomfortable as if her gut is telling her to turn her gaze at the back of the hall.

With hesitation, she slowly turned her head. And there he is, Jean. Standing tall, looking so polished in his tuxedo. His broad shoulders are perfect for his tux. He's trying to button the sleeve but he looked like having hard time doing it.

Pieck wanted to go where he is and help him with his suit. As she is about to stand, Mikasa wearing a pink embroidered gown approached him and buttoned his sleeves. Her hands also reached for his bow tie and re-did it. 

She felt frozen. She couldn't move anymore. Her hands felt numb and thoughts are racing in her head. "Was I gone for too long? What happened between them while I was gone?"

Then, the wedding march stared which made her focus her attention on the aisle. Jean walked first, alone. He walked fast as though he does not want people's attention. But how could he escape people's eyes when he's tall and looking so gorgeous. Pieck's gaze darted on him. Even though Armin, and the maid of honor Mikasa already walked on the aisle, she did not remove her stare from Jean as though he's the only person in the room that mattered to her.

The door opened and there it brought out Annie, looking divine in her white dress. She wears a smile on her face that Pieck has never seen before. Pieck turned her gaze to Armin and found him in tears. As Annie continued walking towards Armin, Pieck could feel tears falling from her eyes. It seemed like this wedding awakens emotions out of her. "Is it tears of joy? Am I this happy for them? Or I'm just envious of them, finding the love they have always wanted." She thought as she wiped her tears.

Annie gave her vows to Armin in a quavering voice. Her words are personal and could pierce through ones heart. It shows how much she loves Armin and how thankful she is for seeing the good in her. Pieck cried again hearing Annie's vows. With poise and composure, she wiped her tears.