Temptress

This chapter contains smut. If you're underage. Please skip this part. Photo credit to Hell904 or Hellzwyn.

___________

Jean found Pieck alone in the balcony underneath the dark sky. He took few steps towards her then hesitated. He knew he couldn't face her especially with what happened during lunch earlier that day. "She's probably furious that Mikasa cooked my favorite food. How can I face her?" He thought of ways how to break the tension between them. He thought of joking around her. But he dismissed the idea realizing that it will make her even angrier towards him. He turned his back and decided to leave.

"Jean." Pieck called him. Her voice was deep and emotionless. She studied him intently as he stood in front of her looking anxious.

"Hi!" He gave her a forced smile and rubbed the back of his head. Pieck's eyes rolled, dismayed that Jean couldn't even face her or perhaps explain what's going on with his life.

There is tension in the air. Jean felt uneasy beside her. "This is not how I imagined this day would be. I thought she would throw her arms around me... and"

Pieck broke the silence between them. "Did you even think of me when you got back here?" She looked up to his face as though she's searching for the truth in his eyes.

Words won't come out of his mouth. He wanted to answer her yes. But he knew that she would throw another "trick" question whatever he answers.

"I did. Of course, I did." Damn, I sound guilty as hell. He thought. Pieck does not looked convinced at all. She folded her arms and shoot the next "trick" question.

"Why then you didn't even write me a single letter?" She asked. Her voice does not seem angry at all. It's the same monotonous voice that he heard when she called him.

"Now that's the trick question." Jean thought. "I couldn't." He paused and thought of what to say, "I just have to tell her the truth." "Honestly, I have not written a letter my whole life. I mean, of course except the memos and orders I write in the office. But, seriously, I just don't..." Jean was not able to continue what he has to say as Pieck pulled his necktie to reach his lips and intertwine it into hers.

Pieck hated herself for kissing him in the middle of an interrogation. "But I couldn't resist him. I couldn't stop myself for wanting to feel him again. I couldn't fight the feeling whenever he's near." She realized how weak she is. Sensibility is gone. Reasoning does not have a place in her head. In fact, her mind probably stopped working altogether when she's alone with him.

He pulled her closer to him, locking her arms on her waist. His tongue invaded her mouth tasting sweet hint of cherry. She stroked her hands over him to spread them across the muscles of his chest. She knew making out with him would lead to another sensual act. She pulled away from him as both are catching their breath.

Jean gave her a puzzled look. He's wondering why she abruptly moved away. "Could she still be angry at me?" But then, Pieck tiptoed and pat a kiss on his cheek.

She walked away from him, leaving him alone in the balcony. As she walked away, Jean muttered, "Why do you always walk away in the middle of..." He was not able to continue realizing that other people in the house might hear, especially Reiner.  She turned around and just gave him a teasing grin.

________

Pieck arrived in prime minster Armin's office a little later than everyone. Reiner and Jean were sitting on the couch across the prime minister's table.