Flesh

This chapter has sexual content. Skip if you're underage.

Jean looked up to see her face and found that tears are running down her cheeks. He sat up and gently held her face and wiped her tears with his fingers. "Why wouldn't you marry me?" He asked.

She closed her eyes and turned her head away from his hand. She covered her face with her hand and continued sobbing.

He held her and gently rubbed her head. She finally removed her hand from her face and looked at him, "you're not even angry at me after I said couldn't marry you?" she asked.

"I am not. I know you have a reasonable explanation for your decision." He kissed her forehead lightly.

"Why is he so kind and sweet even when I couldn't marry him? Why am I crying? Am I still angry with him? Is it hormones? Or the guilt and worry come running after me?"

"My parents are still in the intermittent zone in Marley suffering oppression, yet here I am, enjoying myself with you. I couldn't marry you knowing that they are not yet safe." Pieck exclaimed hysterically as tears kept falling from her eyes.

Jean hugged her tightly, understanding the pain she's going through. She wept on his shoulders finally freeing the ghastly feeling that's been haunting her. She felt secure in his arms. It's as though she could face everything including the burden of the negotiation.

"We will rescue your parents, my love." Jean said looking at her eyes lovingly. His hands drifted to her hair entangling them with his fingers. " I promise, I would do everything to protect them. I will be with you on that day of the negotiation. I would bring war to Marley if negotiation does not work. But I promise you, I will make sure your parents get out of Marley." He said determined to help her.

She lay down on bed again, still feeling tired and heavy. But his words uplifted her. Somehow the burden in her chest became lighter after she told him everything. "You promise?" she asked holding his hand.

"Yes, I promise." He kissed her in the cheek and covered her naked body with blanket. "Go back to bed, it's still so early. Sorry I woke you."

She closed her eyes and remembered what he just said, "he called me his love for the second time. He really must love me?"  She fell asleep feeling like she's lying on soft fluffy clouds. And for the first time since she got to Paradis, she's at peace.

Pieck is awaken with the inviting smell of coffee being brewed. As she walks near the kitchen the sugary smell of pancakes being cooked hit her nose. She found Jean holding the pan and ladle as he flipped the crisp pancakes.

"Good morning, baby." He greeted her with a sweet smile. Then placed a cup of coffee to where she's seated. She watches him move across the kitchen and then put pancake on her plate.

"Eat up." He said. "I also picked some strawberries while you were sleeping." He placed some red luscious strawberries in her plate.

"Why did you cook today?" She said as she sliced the pancakes into pieces.

"I noticed, you never eat breakfast and you're getting thinner since you came here. I don't want you to lose anymore weight." He squeezed her ass thinking that her ass might grow smaller if she shed more weight.

She finished everything on her plate and drank the coffee he prepared for her. She kissed him on his lips. "Thank you for the breakfast, I have to go to work. What about you?" she asked holding him by his waist.