chapter five

tw // mentions of alcohol, pills, throwing up

The remainder of the week went by pretty quickly. Much quicker then George anticipated. All he could think about was agreeing to go to this stupid party he had zero interest in.

George sat alone in his room.

Why would you say yes? You Idiot.

He paced around the wooden floor. Nail biting became a regular thing for him recently. His thoughts were clouded with anxiety.

Why did he say yes? Was it for Dream?

Did Dream really have that big of an effect on him?

George slowed his thoughts down after a while and looked over at his clock. The time read 1:33am. This was late for George, he was usually in bed before midnight.

Out of impulse he reached for his phone. He looked through all of his contacts and stopped at a specific one.

The other day Sapnap, Dream and George had exchanged numbers just in case George needed any help with Schlatt.

George hovered his finger over Dreams contact.

Call him and tell him you can't go.

George palmed his head into his hands. His feelings have felt so weird lately. He was more stressed than usual, and seemed to have this shooting pain in his head. George didn't understand what was happening.

Subconsciously George tapped the icon and his phone started buzzing. George immediately froze in fear.

Why would you call him?! You idiot it's almost 2am

George realized what he had done and quickly tried to hang up, but was cut off by a voice on the other end.

His words sounded slurred, the wind was loud. He was definitely outside "George?"

George could hear heavy footsteps through the call "S-sorry I didn't m-mean to call" He spit out frantically.

"Calm down Georgeee" Dream was clearly drunk, his words trailing after him "What's uppp?"

George noticed right away "You're drunk. Why aren't you inside?" George's previous anxiety from talking now turned into anxiety towards Dreams safety. What the hell was he doing?

Dream let out a loud sigh "Just takin a walkkk!"

George knew he wasn't super close to Dream, but he didn't want him to get hurt "Where are you? Let me take you home."

A small laugh escaped Dreams mouth. Over the call George could hear a squeaking sound of metal and wind picking up "Georgeeee! I'm on a swing!!! Weeeee!"

George quickly remembered the small park around the corner from his house, with a swing set "Stay on the phone Im coming to get you"

George grabbed his keys from his desk and slipped out the window. He was lucky he had a balcony because he was on the second floor. He hopped off the balcony and got into his car.

He could hear the sound of Dream swinging in the other end. Occasionally George could hear Dream laughing at himself and whispering to himself.

"Dream I'm almost there, stay on the swing." George spoke sternly

Dream continued to pump his legs while he held his phone in his lap on speaker "George you're the besttt! I love youuuu!"

George ignored these comments, he knew it was just the alcohol speaking. He pulled up to the park and couldn't help but let a laugh escape his mouth. Seeing a 6'3 man swinging as high as he could whilst whisper screaming "Weeee!" put a smile on George's face.