chapter seventeen

tw // alcohol, drugs (specifically use of a bong and pills)

Dream woke up on Sapnaps couch.

He rubbed his eyes and sat up, he felt his head pound.

He immediately eyed the fake plant in the corner, remembering what was inside.

It'd been a few days since Dream had taken anything.

He'd honestly forgotten about it because his mind had been filled with thoughts of George.

But George wasn't here now.

Dream got up off the couch and walked over to the fake plant.

you're a liar.

He approached it quickly and looked at the very small and almost unnoticeable mark where he had cut the dirt to hide his stash.

George will hate you.

"He can't hate me more than I already hate myself"

Dream said to himself as he quietly picked up the dirt and reached his hand in. He pulled out a small orange bottle of pills. He pushed the cap down and turned it to open. Dream poured a small handful in his free palm and quickly threw the substance in his mouth.

He titled his head back and squinted as he swallowed them with no water.

He screwed the cap back on and made sure to leave the fake plant looking untouched.

Dream walked back over to the couch and rested his eyes. It was around 4:30am so he had time before Sapnap would be up.

The room was pretty dark except the streetlights from out the window casted a small yellow shadow in the living room.

Dream looked as the shadow illuminated the floor beneath him.

He listened closely and could hear cars passing every few minutes.

His movements started to feel slower and his eyes felt droopy.

He was high.

-

"Dream wake your ass up!" Sapnap ran down the stairs "Tommys party is tonight!! I'm gonna do so many drugs it crazy." He voiced very overly sarcastic.

Dreams eyes slowly opened. He turned over and grabbed his phone.

10:03am

i'll be good.

He thought to himself before sitting up "Yeah yeah I know" Dream got up and met Sapnap in the kitchen.

"You look like shit Dream" Sapnap titled his head as he eyed the tall blonde.

Dream avoided eye contact "Oh I had a uhm nightmare. Yeah didn't get much sleep after that." Dream pursed his lips together and sat down at the island.

Sapnap just nodded and grabbed them both water "So are you excited for tonight? Hopefully this goes better than the last one"

Dream took a sip of the water "Yeah well that shithead Schlatt won't be there so we'll be good."

Sapnap took a sip of his water as well "Breakfast? I think I was gonna go get some with Quackity and Karl, you can come along."

Dream shook his head "I'm good, I need to do some last minute stuff for school and college applications anyways."

Sapnap raised his eyebrow "Really? I don't believe that for a second dude."

Dream rolled his eyes "I am being serious. Remember I said i'd start taking this shit more seriously. I've talked with Mr. Philza a few times and he's shown me some community colleges to apply to."