chapter ten

tw // alcohol, pills, signs of drug withdrawals, implications of overdosing (nobody does dw)

"Has he answered your texts lately?" Karl looked over at Quackity.

Quackity nodded his head 'no' in response "It's weird, we used to talk every day."

"Dang okay, I'll talk to you later Q love you." Karl left the discord call.

Some time had passed since Tommy's party. This party almost fueled something inside George, reminding him of what's really important.

His studies.

School had always come first with George, that's all he knew. He felt like he was being blinded by all these new 'high school experiences' as they call it. George was a good kid, sometimes too good.

He'd been avoiding Dream, Sapnap, Karl, and Q since the party. He didn't know what he had gotten himself into. And although every once in a while he would open up the orange bottle of pills and look inside, he never acted on it. It's almost like he hoped that one day the substance inside the bottle would change, maybe something new would appear. It was just plain old pills though.

As for his home life it only had gotten worse. His mom was down on him even more than before. Making sure he was home before midnight and no going out. After George had came home beaten up and reeking of alcohol, she became even more strict. The only time George really went out besides school, was to drive Ella to her friends house.

That was it.

-

"Have you thought about college at all Dream?" Sapnap pulled his headset off after saying his goodbyes to Punz and Sylvee.

Dream took a sip of some water "It's only fall, I'll think about it later"

Sapnap shut his pc off and walked over to Dream "I'm serious Dream, community college might be a good option for you, being as it's probably too late for you to apply to a 4 year college university" Sapnap grabbed the water bottle out of Dreams hand "Water? Damn this is so unlike you to not be drinking alcohol" Sapnap smiled and a playful tone laced his voice "But seriously let's look at community colleges later, okay?"

Dream just rolled his eyes and nodded in response "Okay Daddy anything for you" Dream giggled and sat up, as he sat up he rubbed his eyes and felt a migraine coming on. He tried to ignore it and just change the subject to distract himself "Have you heard from George lately, I've seen him around school but he stopped coming to the bleachers during lunch"

"I don't know, I started talking to Karl and Quackity more, they both said they haven't heard from him" Sapnap walked back over to Dream "Huh you miss your boyfriend?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Dude shut up you shouldn't even be talking, I see the way your eyes light up when you talk about Karl and Q" Dream returned the raised eyebrow look.

Sapnap grabbed a pillow and threw it at Dream "Shut up dude, it's late i'm going to sleep we have school tomorrow"

Dream threw the pillow back at Sapnap "Oh avoiding my statement huh? Going to bed so you look good for your boyfriends tomorrow?"

Sapnap flipped Dream off and walked out of the room.

-

"You go to school then come straight home, okay George?" His mum stopped him as he was about to leave for school "God those bruises make you look horrible"

George just nodded and walked out to his car. He started the car and drove off to school. He had class with Sapnap and Dream first period on Mondays, let's see how long he can avoid them now that it's been over a week of doing so.