chapter twenty

tw // drugs, alcohol, physical abuse, gun (includes shooting, suicide), very very very minor derealization

"You better be here for the right reasons boy" His mom walked over to him.

Dream turned around and stared at his mom.

It'd been so long since he'd seen her. The last memory he had of his mom was when she passed out on the couch drunk one night.

That was the night he basically moved in with Sapnap.

He looked at her face. Lightly paled skin and droopy eyes. He hated that he saw himself in her so clearly. She resembled him physically and mentally.

"Are you just going to stare?" His moms voice was stern.

Dream swallowed his nervousness "Uhm hi Mom"

She was shorter than the blonde, but her confident presence made her seem taller "Hello to you too. It's been a while"

Dream looked around "Yeah, uhm sorry I've just been busy"

"Busy stealing my stash right?" She raised her eyebrows.

Dream froze.

Was I really that obvious?

"Clay I know you come here all the time and take my shit" She was the only person who called him by his real name.

Besides the fact that Sapnap gave Dream that nickname, he hated his original name. It brought back years of trauma and abuse.

Dream winced at the sound of his real name.

She moved closer, her breath reeked of alcohol "Got nothing to say huh?"

Dream let his chest rise and fall, trying to stay calm.

His mom grew angrier as he denied answering her responses.

She lifted her hand up and slapped him straight across his face "You answer me when I speak to you!"

Dream grabbed his cheek and turned to the side.

"Man up!" Her voice rising "I didn't raise someone so soft"

Dream let his hand fall from his cheek "You didn't raise me at all" He spoke softly, hoping she didn't hear.

She titled her head up at him "What did you just say to me?"

Dream looked towards the door "I got to go"

Before he could walk away she grabbed his arm "You listen to me! Now what the hell did you just say to me?" Her eyes narrowing in on him "I know damn well you aren't blaming me for how shitty you turned out!"

Dream had enough.

He snapped.

"Actually that's exactly what I'm doing!" he raised his arms up "Growing up in this shit hole with a drunk mom and no dad is what made me how I am!" His voice got louder as he continued "You are the reason why I'm like this! It's all your fault! You deserve nothing!"

Dreams mom paused for a moment, she turned around and walked over to a drawer.

Dream was still very angry, but now confused on why she just took that.

She opened the drawer and pull something out, Dream couldn't quite see it.

As she walked over it became much clearer what it was.

A gun.

He mom moved forward and pulled the gun back.

Dream felt the object hit him right over the head, then his vision went black.