Prologue

Rosett & Co.

"We can't do this to him Christian, he's my child too and i'll be damned if you mix him up with that world."

"We have to. Our choice is not whether or not he get's involved. Our choice is whether or not he dies, you know that." The faint sound of crying followed his words. Minutes passed by until a word was uttered.

"When?"

"He'll have to take over when I die."

"And how the hell do you know when you'll die?"

"I don't. All we can do is pray that I stay alive until he's an adult." The woman takes a seat on the chair in front of her husband. Her features look pale, drained of life.

"Are you going to train him?" She whispers, looking up with glassy eyes.

"I have to. His decisions will impact not only him, but all the other children who will take their parent's place."

"How the hell did children get involved in this." A minute of silence passed before he answered.

"Because of their parents' mistakes."

Qui Vivra Verra (QVV)

"Sung-Ha focus." A sharp voice brought the young adult out of his trance.

"Sorry Mr. Nam." The staff sent him a look of sympathy whilst his father simply glared and walked out of the room. Exhaustion was not an excuse his father approved of, whether it was true or not.

"Sung-Ha. If you'd like to take a break, we're happy to comply." The photographer said, smiling softly. She reminded him of his mother, in a way; Soft features and a kind nature. But life is not a fairy tale and his mother was long gone. He was under the control of his father, with no one to protect him, and so he declined the photographer's offer. The photoshoot lasted for 2 more hours and at the end of it, Sung-Ha was ready to drop. Father and son were in the car, tension between them thick.

"Father, I wanted to talk to you about University."

"What is there to talk about?" There was a dangerous edge to his voice.

"Is there any way, I would be allowed to study something else?" His father slammed on the breaks, causing Sung-Ha to fly forward, the seatbelt wrenching him back. Father watched as his son wheezed, attempting to get air back into his lungs.

"Listen to me boy," slender fingers wrapped around Sung-Ha's left arm, "You will study Medicine at Yonsei University. Along with that you will continue your acting classes and photoshoots. Understood?" Sung-Ha tried to wrench his arm away but the grip on it only tightened, causing him to gasp in pain.

"I understand. Please, let me go." Sung-Ha gingerly touched his arm, wincing at the purple bruise that was beginning to form.

"Don't forget to apply some bruise cream at home. We don't want anyone seeing that tomorrow."

CastilloLaw

He ran outside, searching for the one person who's approval he needed the most. It was difficult to miss her with her red pencil skirt and same color suit jacket, accompanied by two bodyguards. She looked out of place among all the other families, but he didn't care, immediately launching himself at her.

"Santiago." She warned, a smile playing on her lips. It would have fooled anyone else, but Santiago knew she was only doing it for her reputation. Quickly he got off her. They turned to walk towards the car, her arm wrapped around his shoulders. A loving gesture if not for the iron grip she had. Once they were safely in the car, shielded from the prying eyes and ears of strangers, she spoke.