Prologue

Far away in a kingdom a battle that had been going on for many generations of kings had finally been won against a dark evil. The terror and fear that dwelled amongst the hearts of people had finally been diminished. The darkness in the kingdom had been banished into a dark forest never to be released again...

A powerful blizzard raged in a vast and frozen land far away from the celebration of the victorious kingdom. Nothing could be seen through the falling of the snow, but the crying of a newborn baby could be heard. A boy with the mark of a magician had been born and because of that circular mark with two dark lines running through the centre, the child was destined for greatness. This mark was as ancient as time itself and because of it power ran throughout the entire body of the boy. A power this great could be turned to evil easily and could mean the destruction of all. That mark also symbolized a curse for the people of his tribe and so the boy, who would eventually be known as Stefan, was taken to the highest point of a mountain by his own mother. Tears welled up within her eyes at the thought of what she had to do. She knew that it was necessary to kill the child bearing the mark and so she took one last look into Stefan's face and dropped him down the mountain to his doom... ...and all the while, a witch of ice was watching this event.

While the young boy had been plummeting through the air to his death, a young girl had been born into royalty. She was the second daughter of a mighty king. The mother gazed down proudly at her daughter. Her husband was far away in a battle against an evil that she knew they had just vanquished. Joy would fill the king's heart upon the sight of his daughter. The queen raised her hand and each candle in the room began to blaze with a small fire. Happiness could be felt flourishing within the warm chamber. The young girl's future was already planned and was a sight of joy but very soon everything would change...

All the while the witches were watching these events; some with good intentions and others with evil...