Chapter 29

"Anne! I've missed you so much!" Veldon ran to embrace his daughter.

Seralin went to Jake to convey his condolences.

After a while of greetings, they all went to sit and discuss matters in Veldon's tent.

The four kings were gathered there along with Anne, Jake, Stefan and Salvatora.

Harold spoke joyfully, "What is there to talk about? We send the bearers of the golden sword along with this here boy and be done with it."

Stefan shook his head, "The problem is that he keeps disappearing. We can hurt him but then he will simply vanish."

"Yes," Astelovix hissed, "He can run forever."

"So can I!" Stefan shouted.

Everyone was quiet and deep in thought.

"Salvatora," Veldon began, "What happens when Domitates vanishes? Where does he go?"

"He simply appears in a new and desired location almost instantly," she replied.

Astelovix smiled, "And is it possible to predict where he will appear?"

The witch answered, "Hard, but no where too far from the kingdom. His pride is too great."

Veldon said, "Then we set up men everywhere. We send him on the run. We will use fake men to scare him into thinking we are after him with Stefan for example. Then we lead him to appear right before him. We react quickly."

"I like this very much," Seralin said.

"Cigam and Hersage will also be ready to strike," said Anne, "We will kill him now."

Veldon rose, "One week of planning and then we attack. In seven days we avenge the fallen kingdoms!"

Domitates slept for the first time in his life. His strength was returning. His leg was growing back. He slept. The creature of darkness grew in power by the minute. Soon, he would be ready to fight. But not yet. He wanted to sleep for a few decades. He hoped nothing would disturb him.